Waldorf M

Mine arrived today, I am wondering if the “Shift” button should be clicky or not?

All the other buttons click except the shift button. The shift button still carries out its function when held though.

Can anyone with one could confirm?

2 Likes

My shift is clicky

Yes, it is clicky just like all other buttons

Yup. Colicky di click

Oh well, I guess it’s going back to where it came from so.

1 Like

Where did you get it from? Curious if its from the first batch, or if Waldorf have produced more.

It’s the first batch I would say because it came with the first firmware on it.

Ok. I have never bought anything that i had to wait for before. But this one i had to order!

A little demo of the first 10 patches I’ve made on the M… please pardon my keyboard skills here, I was sort of winging it. Also my purposefully lo res video is maybe not to peoples likings :wink:

11 Likes
9 Likes

Not much to criticize about this synth. I like it how he seems left speechless at the end, overwhelmed by the overall goodness of the Waldorf M.

3 Likes

Yeah really error I caught was the LFO section has the symmetry parameter which lets you get a ramp or saw wave LFO.

I got the sense that he was speechless at the sound but necessarily the interface. It sounds gorgeous.

But, as I will probably never see, let alone touch, one of these IRL, I will be very happy if Stimming commits to working through the antiquated UI quirks and continues making his interesting music with it.

I have one, and the quirks he mentioned are no dealbreaker, tbh. He is just overly picky in this case, IMHO. The display could be bigger yes, and yes there could have been other design decisions…but all in all, if you look for a wavetable synth…this should be definately one to consider and i think it is THE wavetable synth to look for.

1 Like

Yeah, it really does sound lovely. Since I tend to use only one synth at a time, I am sure I would grow used to the quirks. It would certainly be worth it to use a synth like that! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

According to my dealer I might get mine at the end of this month. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Haha

1 Like

Fun fact, I Never had a Microwave, and all those years I had no interest in it, until Waldorf introduced the M. And now I really like it!

1 Like

That’s exactly how I felt too.

1 Like

New M firmware version with a new digital filter

Well, the last version did not last very long. There’s another new M firmware update available and this one comes packed with a new digital filter (similar to the one used in the Micro Wave II). Beside the new filter feature the new firmware also comes with bug fixes and if you missed it of course with the great new features from the last update: Fast loading of presets (Stimming will love this one), “Ghost in the machine” randomize feature for instant new presets or as an inspiration source.

1 Like

Cool! I might be getting mine this week!

1 Like