Waiting for our Syntakts to arrive

Finally! Tower of power

15 Likes

I was but then it was local the next day without showing it traveled.

1 Like

Anybody have any insight about when NA retailers are getting restocks? Still have an order with one in Canada from launch day but haven’t heard anything.

Norand Mono :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Picked up by Fedex in Sweden on Monday and arrived in Canada today, I’m pretty impressed!

6 Likes

Recieved my Syntakt on Tuesday after a customs clearance issue delayed it one day.
Played with it, wasn’t a fan, I returned it to Elektron today.
They were nice enough- since I had to wait an extra day for it to arrive, they said- to pay for the shipping back to Sweden even though usually it’s the customer that has to pay for return shipping, they even arranged for DHL to come pick it up today.
Seems like a good company, even if I didn’t like the product.

just curious, but what didn’t you like about it? the sound? workflow?

the eagle has landed.

right, now all I need is some time… :rofl:

7 Likes

I was ok with the sounds, though (and my bad for not doing the proper research) I didn’t realize all the sounds were monophonic. I mean there is the chord machine, but I don’t know how I would ever use that.
But I really just don’t like setups with all the tracks on one pattern, you change patterns, all instruments change with it. My old MPC One was the same way; I’m too used to the Ableton session way of changing individual patterns for each track.
So I returned the Syntakt and bought a used SurfacePro8 for the same price, it runs Ableton perfectly, and I already own a LaunchpadPro so the setup is better for me.

Follow up on rattling inside. There were four screws out of the top board. Easy fix.

3 Likes

I posted this in the music memes thread but it seems relevant. :wink:

5 Likes

Finally got my Oude Meer/delayed clearance Syntakt. Just in time for the weekend :partying_face:

5 Likes

She arrived yesterday

8 Likes

I’ve decided that the universe doesn’t want me to have this Syntakt. After spending an eternity in Koeln + Oude Meer, it finally made it to the US with delivery expected next Monday. Today I received a notification letting me know that my package had been delivered but there’s no package at my house and apparently it was delivered at a time when I was home. I have no idea where it was delivered. It’s lost now. I’ve let fedex and Elektron know…I am at a loss for words. Never had an experience like this. I’m assuming it will be many many more days/weeks until I finally have it.

3 Likes

So sorry to read this. :frowning:

I will say, FedEx is typically terrible with deliveries at my house, almost ALWAYS just tossing packages by my garbage bins in the back alley like some sort of drive-by, instead of just coming to the front door and ringing the bell like a normal human would consider doing. I’ve complained multiple times to no effect.

The only reason I knew something was up when my Syntakt came was that my dog did a couple of quiet chuffs toward the garage. And yep, there it was, right by the garbage bins, no FedEx driver or truck to be seen.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I agree!

9 Likes

Classy. :fire: :heart_eyes: :art:

Thank you. Unfortunately it says it was signed for, and it wasn’t anyone at my house. I think it was delivered to the wrong address.

Sorry to hear this, I hope that you’re able to find your Syntakt.

1 Like

That really sucks. Hopefully someone at FedEx can help you out? Surely they have a record of each stop and perhaps someone inadvertently signed for a package they weren’t expecting? Who knows but I’m holding out hope for ya.

1 Like