(Video) Octatrack MK2 resampling the Roland TB03 & TR09

41 Likes

Bonza

Purchased this today - great tutorial video.

3 Likes

Jesus.

I’m kind of glad I don’t have those skills because I’d probably never do anything else.

7 Likes

Great video! :fire:

True mastery!

this is super good, as usual

Excellent!

The sound is insanely good, but for some reason the video is stuck in fast forward…

:tongue:

@Dataline you’re incredibly talented, such a pleasure to watch this, thank you very much !

(Pressing play a third time)

Yeah, you’re good man.

loving it :slight_smile: perfect warm resonant frequency vibe.

this would be so cool to experience at a club or big event.

omg the sudden reverb at 4:45 goes next level.

I’m kinda sad that I”ll probably never find the time to practice enough to get anywhere near this level of skill and speed.

And I’m kinda pissed that I now kinda want an Octatrack all over again…

1 Like

Skills no doubt. But sort of lost interest after about five minutes. Just an opinion.

1 Like

Gotta echo this. 3 minutes and I had enough. This weekend I also saw some demo from Carl Mikael’s Cabinet of Curiosities and was put down . . well, so far, these MKII demos are like a contests on who puts more messy sound presentation and who has faster hands. First Elektron video on MKLII - I did not even hear what he was doing as the track had like 20 layers of sound . Cuckoo was the closest to my liking so far.

1 Like

It’s not really meant to stand alone as a track though. The point of this is to make you go “bloody hell” and pay for the tutorial video in order to learn all the tricks and techniques. Which I probably will at some point - as a relative :elot: noob I only understood about half of what was going on there.

Having said that, I like the vibe and the TB-03 is sounding pretty good to me. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Cool performance as usual!
Maybe l’m biased but to my ears it sounds crispier and a bit punchier than MKI.

Yeah, I have been experiencing similar “placebo” with all of the mk II videos. Either I am deluding myself or the mk II does indeed sound healthier than the mk I

2 Likes

I didn’t think anything about the outputs has changed - but maybe the improved inputs are giving that effect as he is live sampling.

1 Like

don’t forget that he’s running the OT output through the Analog Heat as well, so you’re not hearing the direct out of the OT

3 Likes

Yeap, the additional processing using the Analog Drive, Octatrack’s EQ and compressor And the Analog Heat at the end of the signal chain is shown in the tutorial vid :slight_smile:

5 Likes