(Video) Octatrack MK2 resampling the Roland TB03 & TR09

it’s cheating :wink:

1 Like

yeap, I dont play fair :zonked:

7 Likes

You give Love a bad name ;D

I bought the video and learned a couple tricks. Well worth the seven bucks. Thanks Cenk!

(Also I thought the 303 stuff in the tutorial video, especially toward the end with the flex trigs, sounded cooler than the YouTube video)

Yea, as the whole thing depends on improvisation the end result is pretty unexpected. And at times, not as desirable as other sessions

I like the analog drive in this video! Secretly I like it more then the Heat :scream:
Nice video by the way. Extensive use of recording trigs?

1 Like

Yeap, one shot trigs on the recorder trigs - all explained in the video :slight_smile:

See you next week at ADE?

I have to look more into recorder trigs. I know a fair bit of the OT, but the recorder trigs are always something I am a bit afraid of. I tried it many times but it doesn’t work the way I want, but maybe thats me :thinking:

Yes I will come to ADE! I was hoping I will see you there. I am not sure what day I should come. I think it will be thursday…

1 Like

As a demo of what the Octatrack can do, I would imagine most get lost a few seconds into this video (not the tutorial one). It just makes no sense, what’s going on.

But I think watching it like that, is missing the point of it.

As a musician, I can lean back and enjoy this and just marvel at Cenk’s skill as a musician. I used to go with my father to the concert halls when I was younger and watch the pianists hammer away, one Beethoven after the other Rachmaninov. I knew I could never get to that level of skill, but just watching someone so bleedin’ awesome at their skill, and express music with such fluency, made me love every moment of it.

That’s how I view these kind of videos, not as a showcase of what an Octatrack might or might not be able to do, but as a performance from a musician who’s just amazingly great at his craft.

6 Likes

i learned that mapping the reverb send to the xfader scene B is cool

3 Likes

That is cool, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Out of interest, what is the running time of the tutorial video?

27 minutes

1 Like

Man, you’ve got a great job, haha…
Nice work!

2 Likes

Super, thanks.

instead of having to manually remove the remixing trigs after switching back to part 1, can’t we just either reload the pattern using a shortcut, clear it, or paste over it?

I am trying to reproduce the scenario form the Bandcamp tutorial video exactly, but when I switch between the indicated parts I hear either glitchy artefacts, or interruptions of the audio until step 1 is reached again.

In the same video, Cenk says at about 12:33 ‘…resampled and remixed seamlessly…’ - a unique feature of the Octatrack.

So I am led to believe that I am missing some setting of the sample playback, but can’t figure out which one.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hmm, not really sure what is wrong… What are the settings on the FLEX playback machine?

1 Like

Agreed!

That would be as follows (Track 1 and 5 settings are identical):
LOOP: Auto
SLIC: Off
LEN: Off
RATE: Pitch
TSTR: Auto
TSNS: 64 (mid position)

Thanks!