Vibe Coded DAW from Psykovski

I think its impressive what a single person can now do with help of these new coding agents.

Not sure if Psykovski is a sw developer as main profession, but his music is on an absolut master level, so i give him the benefit of the doubt that this is a stable release based on his overall dedication he gives to his musical output.

1 Like

some really good ideas. I’m defo interested in checking it out, apart from the purchase via crypto sh1te. does he not do non-crypto payment?

ai AND crypto payments, diabolical lol

17 Likes

That page reeks of Claude, bro didn’t even bother making the design feel a bit unique :joy: I don’t know who this guy is but I would tread carefully

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be “connecting my wallet” either :joy:

1 Like

It’s mad that in a year or two we’ll all be showing off our LLM DAWs we made bespoke to our needs and ability.

And no one will care.

26 Likes

Payment’s in the developer’s own cryptocurrency token, no less!

Welcome to the realm of PSYKO, where the fusion of blockchain technology and music takes center stage! PSYKO Token, residing on the Binance Smart Chain (BNB Chain), emerges as a revolutionary force with a total supply limited to a mere 1 million tokens. Designed as a unique cryptographic currency, PSYKO not only facilitates seamless transactions but also serves as the key to unlocking the rhythmic treasures of Psykovsky’s mesmerizing music compilations.

5 Likes

Does the DAW come with an integrated rug pull feature?

5 Likes

You need to pay extra for it :joy:

A “rug pull” is a malicious type of exit scam where developers create a new cryptocurrency or NFT project, artificially inflate its value, and then abandon it. This abruptly drains the project’s liquidity or crashes the token’s price, leaving investors with worthless assets. [1, 2, 3]

I had no idea what a rug pull is - i think its a method to get international money - i belive he lives in russia - and overcomming international payment difficulties is the reason why such a thing is used here. I think any other method is currently invalid with current affairs.

I would bet that a good chunk of the code base uses Audacitys codebase in the background without proper atribution…

1 Like

While I find the cryptobabble funny, the overall tone of his website makes me think he’s a harmless, idealistic nerd who is having fun with new technology, rather than someone with any interest in a scam. Personally, If I were a scammer I’d probably choose something more profitable than Psytrance to reel people in!

2 Likes

Was just joking…Maby it´s because of payment restrictions, not sure why he didn´t just go with an already existing crypto currency…but maybe the guy is just a crypto enthusiast. Who knows…
But with vibe coded software, there is a legitimate concern regarding bug fixes and updates. So you might end up having paid money for a software that won´t get properly maintained. That would be a concern I would have…

Yes - its a valid concern ,but for 35 euro - its not a high risk investment - i had back luck with kickstarters - i am not affilitated with this guy - i like his music - and i belive he is an idealist - so i doubt its a scam attempt. I payed more for a single distortion vst.

I wont personally try this out - it was just a fun fact i brought up. I learned bitwig this year - and i got myself renoise which is another time sink - so i dont have enough time left to pursue it. But i still think its cool what a single person can now do with the help of AI - that was why i brought it up.

1 Like

I also like his music and I know he´s been around for ages, so he´s probably not trying to scam people. I mean, you never know, but it´s probably pretty unikely. Btw. did anyone install the demo, yet?

2 Likes

It feels like this might have been more useful as an instrument that you could embed into your existing DAW.

Where can I pay for this product that has been made with stolen code?

(Just AI snarking, no need to reply)

1 Like

This is a genuine issue with vibe coded software. Solid engineering practises are rarely applied beyond what the LLM encourages.

Take version control as an example, if you don’t know about it and use it effectively a single prompt can drastically alter the code base in a manner where you’ll never get it back to where it were.

Another is backwards compatability. Even when you actively design for it it is hard to get right. An LLM will pretty much not adhere to it unless strictly prompted to. Which leaves you with a case of ”omg the update changed my music project”

3 Likes

Ai didnt steal - it learned from that book. At least that was the last judge call.

Ideally we would get our Judges to create a LAW so we can opt out of training.

Been a fan of Psykovski’s music for years, and the level of detail in his productions is something else. The maintenance worries are fair for any new software, but I’d trust someone with this much obsessive dedication to his craft to care about getting this right. He’s building a tool around how he actually makes music, which usually leads to something thoughtful rather than a cash grab.
He uses Patreon now so token crypto is out or picture. Curious to see how it develops, and I hope he joins the thread to answer the update and compatibility questions himself.

1 Like