VESA stands or adjustable trays for Elektron gear?

Does anyone have a recommendation for low profile adjustable VESA stands? I have been having trouble finding a product that would work with what I am trying to accomplish. I would like to have my other Elektrons running across the top of my Digitone Keys. This is what I am working with:

I would suggest you consider the option to fabricate an ABS or metal panel to connect the 3 in line via the vesa mounts. You could pay someone to do it if you yourself don’t have the facilities available to so such a thing. At that point you can just add sides of any wood or other material triangle or other kind of 3d printed stand option. the strength is in connecting them though. Probably save a lot of money this way over the vesa mount pre-fab options also.

If you intend to fabricate it, you need a template with a proper alignment of the 4 holes and just measure the spacing carefully. There’s actually a thread on here somewhere that a guy connected 2 in this way and even posted a template for connecting 2, but I’m too lazy to dig through old posts so if you search vesa digitakt I’m sure you can find it and then just print 2 and overlay them in opposite directions. Halfway there at that point.

this is clearly not done with any level of precision but should be simple to see the idea. have a folded down flange on the side to support the stand.

1 Like

That’s one idea. The desk stand and DNK are pretty stable in place. Another thing I thought of would be getting a tray that wraps around the corners of the top of the desk and top of the keys. Not sure how difficult it would be to source a metal tray with those bends. Then it’s an easy 65cm width to cover all 3.

I can’t quite picture the part of the tray that would be in contact with the top of the dnk but from my experience you don’t want any loose metal against metal contact points if you can avoid it. There are several reasons to avoid doing that but mostly your gear is more at risk of minor cosmetic wear and tear over time.

Either way, the metal would probably have to be steel to be supportive, or heavy gauge aluminum. And I’m guessing it would also need to be custom made either by you or by some shop who you would have to pay a service to. It all depends on what you’re willing to invest in the project. I can show you adjustable stands like the one I have on my dt in this picture but it will cost you around $30 per stand before shipping.

this style does allow for digi style boxes to line up side by side though. Also I find it useful to be able to adjust the angle from time to time, but it requires a hex wrench, so it’s simple but not immediate.

I had something like this in mind to wrap around the corners. With thin foam underneath to not have metal on metal:

I’m sure it could be done, but all the same it comes down to the cost involved or your own skill in fabrication of such a part and the availability of the tools and workspace to make it happen. pre-fabricated adjustable vesa stands are typically rather expensive to begin with, so if you go that route be prepared to spend a less than small amount of money to accomplish what you want.

this might work well in this case