Very very small companion mixer for OT

And no mic input. Or alt/aux.

Do people even read the first post or just the titles?

2 Likes

Notepad 5 definitely a tempting buy for all sorts of general use.

2 Likes

Ha! Yeah, the company that makes those pocket mixers always has a booth at the Mauerpark flea market in Berlin. Some young dude “mixing” bad techno on two iphones…

2 Likes

They’re super-expensive for what they are, too.

Hi there! Can you explain how you would hook up this mixer to the OT to send any channel to it? Would the OT also be hooked up to it?
I’m looking for something similar that I can have all my gear including the OT and computer via usb. And then alt3/4 or aux send any track to the OT inputs for some fun. I tried the Yamaha mg10xu and now the behringer Q1204 each having their pros and cons. But none perfect.
The Yamaha can only send via fox send in mono.
And the Behringer, usb in doesn’t seem to go through the channel strips for sending that signal via the really handy alt 3/4. Same with tape in/out. They don’t go through the mixer channels it seems.
So wondering how exactly you would set up the main out and headphone outs to hook this all up.
Thanks so much!

A mic and OT is hooked to it. I can send the mic via monitor out to the OT for sampling/FX independent of the mic’s volume (i can set the volume to zero while still sending its signal to the OT).
And with the master volume of the mixer i can control the volume of the OT.
I don’t use the USB in/out, so not sure how that works in this setup.

(i use this setup when i need a small setup, but in my homestudio i use a Mackie VLZ wich has the ALT3/4 out sending what i want to OT).

I bought a Samson SM10 1U rack mixer. It wouldn’t take much more place under OT.

8 stereo inputs with volume, balance, 1 pre fader send, 1 post fader send, mute/mixB (like alt 3/4). 2 mono in, hence 18 line inputs.
2 Xlr mic 48v.

sm10_rear-480px

13 Likes

I use one of these too :arrow_up:

One beef is no mix B out except via headphones, other than that no complaints.

4 Likes

The rack mixer is so smart!
Our studios are full of gear nowdays, it’s time they make rack unit again.

1 Like

Yes. I wonder if levels are matched. I’ll have to make some tests…

He that’s a nice solution! Don’t need EQ on the mixer etc, so this is interesting. Looking into this…

1 Like

1010music bluebox

1 Like

It fits PERFECTLY Digitone + Digitakt width. I can remove ears. I may put OT instead, with a Faderfox like PC4, EC4 to match width.

1 Like

Also line ins are stereo on TRS :+1:

1 Like

not very small, but I think the Zoom Livetrak L8 is pretty compact, and Im seriously considering… though, just seen a pretty good deal on an L12.

I dont really need the recording, so that feels like a waste, but I think the audio interface functionality with the Octatrack is really useful - well at least until we get overbridge :rofl:

2 Likes

It doesn’t have phantom power which the OP was looking for.
Also mini jacks…also touchscreen…it does more than an average mixer but it doesn’t give you the basic of a mixer so is it a mixer?lol but yeah mini jacks

v 1.5 will have it i’m sure, and a hardware upgrade for some extra ins & outs, so no needs for extra mixers :wink:

All this talk of OB for OT makes me wonder if a hardware (over)bridge might be viable, 4 audio in, 4 audio out, midi in, midi out, USB to connect to computer and convert from OT connections to/from USB.

2 Likes

MOTU M4, if you can find one, is great for this.
Super low latency, stable, and great ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC for monitoring.

Mine, a replacement for the M2, has been back ordered for months. But the drivers and conversion were good enough to have me consider using it to run OT through Ableton Live and then back out before getting mixed with other gear.

I actually never saw an OT modded, is there really nothing out there?
I mean I don’t care about OB, just give me 8 output and I’m fine :smiley: