Using new Class Compliant Audio connectivity?

Hey guys, ive just updated my rytm and want to know how do i connect it to my iphone? What do i need?
Also any suggestions for apps that are compatible ? For recording, live performance, fx etc
Im on a real budget so this could be a gamechanger for me :blush::pray:

3 Likes

You’ll need an adapter like this one! https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

2 Likes

Yes, this adapter will work for iOS devices. There is also one, that can power the iPhone simultaneously.

Also check, if you have a rytm mk2, because on mk1 devices the Class compliant usb audio Function is not available…

1 Like

Now that we have this new possibility. I wonder has anyone found any particularly cool new things to do with their device? Are there cool computer apps and or iOS apps that allow us to process samples on the machine in a real unique and immediate way?

I was reading about how you can set up the machine to send audio to a usb compliant device but then also receive it. I suppose we could make it work like a USB send and return then? I’m excited for what this means about how I can manipulate audio now. Looking for applications to experiment with. Or other possibilities?

I‘m thinking of being able to use the AirPods Pro with Rytm by routing it over iPhone/iPad. I wonder about latency though.

1 Like

Let me know how that works out. I still gotta order one of those lightning to camera USB adapters.

I see fabfilter makes a proQ3 for the iPad. Is it conceivable I could send audio to the iPad surgical eq it and send it back to the rytm for resampling but completely EQd?

1 Like

Tried it yesterday and it was pretty cool to sample my apps from phone directly to the rytm via usb. Only struggle i had was getting the phone audio working over rytms headphones
(system settings->usb audio on).
Also used it to sync a few apps like Xynthesizr or Ruismaker and jam around…worked fine and easy for me …

1 Like

GarageBand is free, and is not too bad for recording and mixing with other instruments.

The audio & midi on iOS is actually implemented pretty well, so most apps that support the standard (the name escapes me now) can communicate with each other.

Definitely check out the Moog apps (Model D, Model 15) - they used to cost like $30 but ever since lockdown started they were free (hopefully they still are).

There is a very long thread on here called iOS Music Apps or something.

1 Like

Quick question can you use the inputs on the rytm and analog 4 as sound card inputs like the digitone or are there restrictions like on the digitakt

yes you can.

1 Like

On both ?

on rytm yes, I don’t have the A4 so i can’t tell you. but Im assuming yes.

1 Like

Thanks

Any ideas why this cable (usb to lightning) wont give me any audio in from my rytm mkii? Using it with my iPhone 11pro Max and just hitting record in ‘memos’ to test. It still records from internal iPhone mic.

Does it really have to be the camera connection kit? :confused: makes no sense. So much for class compliance cables?

Might be the app only works with mic?

Also tried using GarageBand. No sound :confused:

Is it a Mifi certified cable? Lots of people have problems with non-certified cables/adapters…

Its should work with midi, yes. But its audio I want. Also, I doubt the Apple camera connection kit is midi certified.

Not Midi - MFi-Certified. Typo on my part. Here’s some additional information:

1 Like