Using effects pedal with Analog 4

Hey am a bit of a noob I have a analog 4 and was wondering how I use a effects pedal with it? I was looking at getting a Electronic Alter Ego Version 1 as I seen Maayan Nidam using 1 and liked the sound and what looked like easy results.

Cheers for any help

You would run the audio output from the A4 into the pedal, and the output from the pedal into your mixer or interface or wherever it is you normally route your audio signal. I don’t know anything about that pedal, but I see it has midi and expression inputs, so you should be able to clock the delay from the A4 midi output so it stays in time with your A4, and you should be able to use the CV out of the A4 into the expression input for some kind of additional control.

1 Like

Never seen that pedal before, looks pretty rad! Really curious how that Pink Floyd setting sounds.

it’s simply a 3 knob delay pedal that has digital models of classic delay(echo) effects. Any delay pedal will produce similar results, but the classics that this one emulates each have their own character.

In any case, a delay pedal will add a very nice quality to any synth. Some prefer analog delays, but others might prefer a cleaner sounding digital delay. This one is digital that emulates some of both types, so it might suit your needs nicely.

I’m not seeing anything more than stereo and mono ins and outs. No expression input that I can see. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong version, but most delay pedals don’t have expression input.

I suggest running one out (L or R) from the A4 into the delay and then out to your amp or mixer. USe the other out to go straight into the amp or mixer. You can then blend the two sounds and it creates a much larger sound overall. That’s how I run my AR. Trust me, it’s awesome.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Make Noise 0-coast