Use crossfader to switch from main to cue output

I swear I had this working a year or so ago, but now can’t get this set up working again. I don’t care if I’m in studio mode or not I just want to be able to use scenes to control which output a track goes to, main or cue, and then crossfade between scenes.

How is this done?

You can’t plock Cue Level.
You want to use the Main and Cue ouput for different external FX?

Exactly, I have some stuff where I want to automate sending to effects, and I assumed you could use the fader just like a DJ fader, to cue. There are like three different volume variables you can plock, but not between cue and main - that totally sucks. Obviously there won’t be any OS updates at this point, but that would be my number 1 choice. Let me automate both output levels.

thanks for the info.

S,

+1

If you did it before, there might be solutions…
I thought about this too and had the idea to invert Main and Cue, as you can plock Xlev, you can use Main as FX send.

3 Likes

Could you describe you’re exact needs?

My needs are really that I want to be able to choose which output to send a track to, and plock that so I can change it in a pattern. There is a mode where you can set both main and cue levels separately, and so you can ‘manually’ alter this, but it should really be a plock-able paramater. Then you could automate sending to external effects.

I can see that there is a midi ctrl change mapping for CUE, but I can’t get it to work. My plan was to add this change message into the midi track that matches the track I want to switch to CUE, then see if I can switch it on and off in different patterns.

I can’t even choose CC51 from the programmable options, where 51 should be it says CC19 LSB

CC47=Cue Level
Cc51=Cue On/Off
It is possible to plock Xvol for tracks you would send to Cue only.

2 Likes

I remember that thread, maybe I’ve a solution for you :

You can also duplicate tracks.
One with XLvl for Main, an other with Xvol for Cue.
You loose tracks…

I may have other solutions with a midi processor :
Event Processor Plus.
Last solution, kidnap an Elektron guy until they update the OS for that.

1 Like

Cc47 works well for Cue level.

p lock the volume on the amp page instead

If VOL is set to 0, it is not send to Main, nor Cue.

1 Like

Yeah, I want to send the Midi CC from the OT midi sequencer. That is where you can’t seem to choose these particular CC’s.

Duplicating tracks was something I thought of, but I would have to really re-arrange my other materrial and p-lock lots of samples on one track.

I may sample the result of when I send to the external effects and use the midi tracks to trigger those from another box like an SP404. But I was really hoping to keep things in the OT.

I did it with OT. You missed something. Try again with CC47.
CTRL2 SETUP, choose CC47, knob press.
CTRL2, validate with FN+KNOB PRESS.

Copy track is easy and fast.

Is it possible to do it nowadays somehow? I want to have 4 scenes where track 8 is outputting main out on scene 1 and 2 (cue muted), and cue out on scene 3 and 4 (main muted). I know that I could use Parts but this is not the case. I’m looking for exactly what OP was asking for, using scenes to switch between Main and Cue outs

You can plock XVOL on cued tracks, and T8 XLEVEL.

Hold scene and turn down XVOL for cued tracks for MAIN only setting.
Hold scene and turn down T8 XLEVEL for CUE only setting.
Make sense?