Send cue when XVOL=min?

Hello! Couldn’t find any answer for my issue online. I’m wondering if there’s a way to cue listen to a track when the xvol is set to min.

For example:

Scene B mutes track 1 with XVOL=min. I would like to be able to pre-listen to this track with the cue output before fading into scene A (where XVOL=max), BUT it seems like XVOL is muting the cue output as well… I tried setting XLVL instead, but without any success.

Any thoughts?

Are you sure that Xlvl does not work on cue outs? I´ve never actually tried it, but I´ve read that Xlvl only applies to main outs, hence it is recommended to swap the roles of main out and cue outs when wanting to use the crossfader for fading in/out external send/return effects.

Xvol won´t work, because it is pre effects, it mutes audio before going into the effects and thus also to main and cue outs.

For example, this thread mentions it.

XVOL min set VOL to -64.
XVOL max set VOL to track value, or plocked value

VOL is before MAIN or CUE LEVEL, hence no sound with XVOL min.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant XLVL. Edited my post above, didn’t make sense, multiple contradictions…

1 Like

Just checked. It does what you want, with XLVL min signal through cue gets outs can be heard, but signal through main outs not.

Maybe you still had an XVOL locked to that scene you forgot to delete.

2 Likes

Great thank you! Will check again!

1 Like