US East Coast Elektronauts, (NJ, NYC, PHL, etc.)

@optimus_subprime is!

1 Like

@optimus_subprime any hints as to where all of the electronic music is here?

It’s been a pain finding a place to play for an audience that’s looking for that ever since shifting from indie rock to electronic music for a project I’m working on :sob:

I’m down for this new to the area

I live in Philly. Lots of synth heads here! Even if you don’t mess with modular MOTS is always a good time. I’ve made some friends going to those events over the last few years. The Gatherings concert series is great too! Not sure when that will start up again, but I think it would be worth a trip to Philly.

2 Likes

I’ll start off sharing I guess. Jam from the start of the pandy.
OT, DN, MC, Drumbrute Impact, Boss DM-2W, T-Rex Fat Shuga Overdrive with Reverb Pedal

1 Like

I’m going to preface this by saying that I barely go out these days and have really never found a connection with the local electronic music scene, but these are some local options I’m aware of.

Content Brakes has been organizing events at O’Brien’s with some regularity. The Infra crew hosts touring techno DJs and locals at Lower Level, The Phoenix Landing, and other locations. You could try to connect with the local Modular on the Spot folks if that’s your jam. Corrosion Boston was a monthly industrial/EBM night at Brighton Music Hall pre-pandemic, and it appears they are trying to make a comeback next month. Xmortis also caters to the goth/industrial crowd and is still going strong at The Middle East. If you like drum & bass there is Elements at The Phoenix Landing every Thursday. If you’re willing to travel, Mayday in Providence, RI also hosts a lot of electronic shows.

Obviously some of these are club nights rather than live performance venues, but if you’re looking to make some connections in one scene or another they’ll give you a head start.

There is also a Boston events thread on Lines, but it’s not particularly active.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting @tentakill I’m mostly the same. @TonyBBI I’d be up for a meetup that’s more low key to share and learn Elektron stuff.

BTW Nice stuff @FreddyUnreal!

I’ve made the horrible mistake of using my own name on my music so I’m outing myself with my first music post. This is a piece I composed using heavy Probability in a song format using the A4MkII. I love this thing.

1 Like

This was my last full album. Lots of synths, no Elektron yet here!

1 Like

Thanks @optimus_subprime! Will give these a go when I get home later!

Also have some releases on Bandcamp though I can’t seem to make up my mind on what genre I’m going for. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d also be up for a low key Elektronauts meetup for Boston-area folks. When I said, “I barely go out anymore,” I really just meant the world has been too dumb to get me out to a show with 100+ strangers for a couple years now. :sweat_smile: I used to go out on the regular. Feel free to DM me if you decide to organize something.

2 Likes

Will do. I’m also being super cautious and learning something new like elektron boxes has been a great escape.

2 Likes

I’m going to be in Cambridge in late April. I was thinking if we do meet somewhere, we could all wear Elektron t-shirts, or hats to make it easy to identify each other. Actually is there an Elektronauts logo? If not we need one.

Edit: T-shirt – Noise (Black) | Elektron

2 Likes

Really digging the atmospheric vibe you have going. Great job.

Thank you! I’m really digging the mk2 boxes. I have an octa black shirt.

1 Like

Not sticking to a genre is more than alright.

2 Likes

If anyone’s interested I’m playing a short set at 130PM at the Punk Rock Flea Market in Highland Park, NJ. It’s a very chill spot with awesome vendors and music scene. Totally free. It’s a bar and there will be food vendors.

4 Likes

How about an Elektron tattoo?

1 Like

Ok guys. Got another thing if anyone’s interested in some Central Jersey action. It’s all outdoors. My set time and location is listed. Happy to meet up beforehand or after.

1 Like

Anyone interested in meeting Thursday April 28th in Cambridge, Ma? Probably get some coffee somewhere and talk about geeky music stuff.

1 Like

I would but am in NJ. Definitely keep reaching out here. I want to build up a community if possible.