Updated to 1.40 and lost all project sounds (FIXED WITH 1.40A UPDATE)

This exact same issue as @Unifono has happened to me after updating my A4mk1 to 1.40 - all project sounds gone… patterns/sequences are there but track sounds have reset to initial state… am devastated… :anguished:

I contacted elektron few weeks ago but got no answer yet
Feel sorry for you. Not a nice surprise

1 Like

If you hear anything from Elektron, please let me know - thanks.

1 Like

for sure!

1 Like

Moderator Edit : personal details redacted. It’s been discussed before that users should ideally not screen grab whole non-public conversations. Whilst there’s nothing controversial here, we’re just being consistent. All the communicated text is intact :thup:

6 Likes

ok makes sense. Sorry and thanks for the edit

1 Like

I read them. I know everything about you now! :stuck_out_tongue:
So, there is hope! Don’t delete all your projects!

1 Like

Man are you chill. Good on you.

I don’t think I could have helped myself from striking an somewhat different tone.

2 Likes

there is always hope :slight_smile:

I’m a very calm person. and probably because I believe that it was partially my fault for not RTFM

4 Likes

@Unifono Sorry to hear that :frowning:
Hope there is still hope, haven’t upgraded my Mk1 still… (Just upgraded the Mk2 so far)
What could I do to avoid the same issue? Or just wait for the fix in the next OS?
Do the rytm mk1 have the same issue?

I would wait but in any case, save all your kits in each project

2 Likes

Shure I’ll wait but… generally I save the pattern/kit within the project

then you should be save :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fingers crossed… it would be such a relief to get all my sounds and projects back again! Thanks for the update @Unifono.

1 Like

https://www.elektron.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Analog-Four_MKII_OS1.40A_readme.html NEW UPDATE SHOULD FIX :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just read the news. Thanks

List of changes from OS 1.40 to 1.40A

Bug fixes

Tempo-synced LFOs used project tempo when pattern tempo was enabled.

Sequencer incorrectly sent out MIDI notes on lock trigs.

Early startup menu reported “d ERROR” instead of “0 ERRORS”.

Some menu options couldn’t be toggled on/off with the arrow keys.

Pressing another bank key before before pattern selection timeout closed pattern selection, instead of initiating pattern selection for the new bank.

Parameter values lingered after being randomized, until [PARAMETER] was pressed again.

[KEYS] HOLD MODE did not work correctly.

In rare situations when loading a project, an unsaved active kit could be associated with the wrong kit.

1 Like

Just updated.

All’s well, that ends well :pray:

9 Likes

Will you save your kits? :content:

1 Like

Never! Elektron will come and rescue me again

2 Likes

Probably a great time to check out that backup/restore functionality and start handling kits more responsibly :wink:

1 Like