Update including more filter types?

Very pelased to hear this! :slight_smile:
Fingers crossed.

1 Like

So this means that… Oscar ROCKS!

:metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Great to read and that you are considering options!
Thanks

The base/width filter on the Monomachine is a great design. Would be a really useful option to have on the DT.

I wish all the luck for Oscar! no pressure :blush:

Really encouraging to hear some official exploration of this!

Option #1 is the most interesting for me.

However, in another post I thought the DAC did the filtering work, so it shows how little I know :blush:

Best regards,

Gino

This is great news! I don’t know much about DSP programming but would adding delay and reverb to the audio inputs be asking for too much? Possibly, but it would be really nice to have this… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in @Ess, it’s much appreciated! Personally I’d take any of those options, number 1 would be my preference I think. Even something offline to highpass a sample which was quicker than resampling would be handy, as quite often its just a case of rolling off some bass or whatever.

1 Like

I’m not a DSP expert, but as they are send effects, I can’t see why sending an additional source to them would cause too much extra DSP/CPU usage – the hard work is in applying the effect, and that is only done once for a send effect regardless of how many inputs are going into it. There will be some small overhead to “routing” the data between the input and the send effect but I’d imagine it’s minimal. That plus stereo monitoring would be amazing for quick jams with the DT + another box :pray:

1 Like

My mediocre technical understanding tells me that Pattern Chain Saving and Scale per Track are not CPU-heavy tasks. If useful features only fail due to limited processing capacity, we can continue to hope :wink:

6 Likes

Having written a few step sequencers in my time (admittedly in software and not to an Elektron standard!) I can’t see how scale per track would be at all CPU intensive, track lengths are already individual so each track’s position has to be calculated individually anyway. It’s a bit frustrating not to have it as in my head it would be so easy to add :wink: of course, I know that in reality with all the QA and UX and so on it’s never that simple but it would be a nice addition, especially as MS has it.

1 Like

Just on the off-chance that further opinions are being sought for the suggestions above from Ess, I’d chime in to say that Option 1 of having an alternate base/width filter option would be double-plus good from my perspective.

I would be up for dropping the bit reduktion for another filter or an eq

6 Likes

Noooo, i love the Bit reduction! It adds that extra lofi sizzles to my emulated tape loops.

5 Likes

I feel it always needs a bit of correction/filtering in the treble to really work :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Nothing is going to be removed of course.

As for other features, saying that one thing is possible does not rule out the other. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

So in overbridge (digitakt for me), did anyone notice you can map filter type onto the lfo but you can’t do that on the hardware, I thought that was interesting.

1 Like

but when ???

I’m waiting so long next update with new features as more filters or song mode :face_with_raised_eyebrow::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think some changes might be “pending” during the transition between overbridge 1 and 2; remember that there’s “official” and “beta” firmwares to maintain at the moment. Probably when the beta firmwares go into the current “official” line it frees the way for device specific feature updates

I made a feature request for this, my idea is:
an option in SETTINGS where you could switch between STUDIO / LIVE mode (or something along those lines), where STUDIO mode would have the current options in the DIRECT (sampling) screen. If set to LIVE mode, sampling would be disabled and instead you would have input gain control, stereo monitoring option and, if possible, FX routing.
Seemed like the most CPU friendly approach to me.

6 Likes