Update 1.7 / Calibration failed

Conflicting info on how to calibrate after the update. Warm up for 2 hours before calibrating. Warm up for 2 hours and then turn it off for 20 min before calibrating. Don’t warm up at all, just calibrate. Which is it? I did my calibration just after updating and it completed. Will I have to redo it?

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the same error with the filter 2 skipped error during calibration.

What’s the solution?

Can you share this patch and the instructions support provided?

Thank you.

You need to open a ticket and support will provide the patch / info. They specifically asked me not to share it, presumably so they can monitor each case.

2 Likes

Hey all,

I’m currently about 1.5 hours into my calibration after updating to the latest firmware on a brand new device. The screen has turned off and been off for about 20 mins. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m going to give it another hour or so in case it’s still calibrating…

Thanks!

maybe it’s on standby? press any arrow and see if it wakes up and still running, it should keep running in power saving mode…

1 Like

Ayy that worked! Thank you. I’m still very new to the Rytm :blush:

1 Like

Opened a ticket.
Elektron support replied within the day and forwarded OS 1.7A Beta.

Quote from email… As I don’t think any of this communication is secret and gives users a bit more insite to this issue.

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear about the calibration issue.

We’ve noted similar reports and have identified a firmware bug as the culprit. Our team is actively working on a potential fix, and we would highly value your assistance in testing and validating its efficacy. I’ve attached OS 1.70A-BETA1 for you, featuring the proposed fix (this is the sole difference from OS 1.70). Please give it a try and inform me of the results. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, rest assured we’ll continue seeking a solution.

Please don’t share this beta file. If others want to try it, they should contact us directly. Thanks for your help!.

Upon upgrading to this os and running the calibration again I still experienced the filter 2 of 2 skipped… But after emailing support again they said this is fine, if the rytm reboots without requesting to do the calibration again the update is correct.

Quote their second email

Hi Radar,

It is expected that Filter 2/2 is skipped since it reuses results from a previous calibration. What is important for us to know is if the calibration was completed and the results were saved. At the end of the calibration, it should say “CALIBRATION COMPLETE. SAVING RESULTS.”. Is this the case? If it says “CALIBRATION FAILED.”, the fix has not worked correctly.

My reply was…

HI,

OK… I didn’t look for that message. And now the calibration has been done. I rebooted the machine and it has not requested to run the calibrations again, where as be or the beta os it did request to run it again.

And… They said…

Hi Radar,

​If the calibration process were incomplete, the unit would repeatedly prompt for calibration upon each startup. So this indicates the calibration has successfully completed.

So that’s it… I’m confident my mk1 is updated and calibrated.

Hope this information helps anyone else in the same situation. Just contact support and they will help you.

Radar

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to wait however for an official patch

I wanted to come back to this point:

Should the “RUN CALIBRATION” step be performed before the “WARMUP CALIBRATION”?
It seems that the order would be important, also noting the starting temperature for each of these two processes.

I’m in the same situation with my Rytm MKI.
Calibration cannot be completed because of the SKIP message on filter 2/2.
I opened a support ticket on friday after updating my machine explaining everything and asking for this beta software. I hope Elektron send me the patch in the next days. Because of the holiday season, some delay in the communication are expected.

EDIT: just received OS 1.70A-BETA1 into my inbox and will try it ASAP.

with Rytm mkII (during the calibration) the screen went dark after ~45 minutes, but the trig lights are still cycling L–>R … after a while, screen still dark, I pressed the YES key, and the normal calibration information reappeared and remained ‘on’–on the display. Now, there are roughly 34 minutes remaining, the display is still on / showing the calibration process info, and everything appears to be in order.

i’m wondering if it got hung up (stopped) when the screen went dark, or if that’s normal. It’s still ‘on’, displaying the procedure as it’s going. 31 minutes to go. Any thoughts are appreciated.

edit: it’s been calibrated successfully. Thank you, @alechko

1 Like

the power saving mode probably kicked in, by hitting a button you snapped out of it

1 Like

Today I will receive a new, sealed Rytm MK2 Black version. I suppose it will be installed with a ‘older’ firmware than the latest 1.70.

My thougts about what to do :

1. First boot it with the old firmware, and check if all is working as it should be
  2. Update it to 1.70 with Transfer.

My question is : At what moment do I have to calibrate it? And what method to use?

Hope somebody can give me some advice. Thanks in advance!

I booted mine up to see what firmware version it was running. Then I updated to 1.70. I didn’t calibrate right away. I wanted to play with it first. The next day when i turned it on it prompted me again to calibrate, so i did. 2.5 hours later i’m looping the 2nd and 4th page while euclideaning hi hat labs tuned in 36 different scales.

1 Like

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :slight_smile: Does it work as you intend?

Works like a dream, Big Nill.

1 Like