Unique dirty, raw, fun synths?

Indeed yes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the little Elmyra? More of a mini-Lyra than Strega though

1 Like

been intrigued by a (new?) maker in the drone-y experimental realm - have a small range of units - Synamodec

1 Like

Monotron delay > DOD death metal :raised_hands:

3 Likes
1 Like

This is the Sismo ICE. It’s new and not on their web-site yet, but you can find it for sale at places like Tindie and Etsy, and Reverb and other places.

The Sismo ICE is around 400 ( EU / US ) money units.

Sismo offers some good bang for buck in this wierd industrial sound synth. You do need to connect up stuff to control it. Definitely look at their other modules, which are even less expensive.

I think Sismo is from Portugal.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Also check out this other thread which covers some similar territory.

3 Likes

rozzbox review :wink:

4 Likes

Some of the the JMT synths, like the LD-2.

Trogotronics Model 673 WaveWraith
Tube based synth with lots of CV control.
Warning – If fingernails on a chalkboard causes you discomfort, this video may cause seizures, be ready with volume knob.

1 Like

It doesn’t look unique but I think the ik multimedia synth uno pro is really awesome with the step sequencer that has parameter locks. You can make some unique, raw fun sounds.

It sounds like the audio is coming from a microphone (maybe the camera’s), who knows then how it actually sounds?

~
… a little exploration on the Hydrasynth, which gets my vote :wink:

Bastl Softpop v2

Erica DB-01, especially if you look past the 303-format.

2 Likes

The original Volca FM. It’s not out-of-control dirty, more like that’s-got-some-hair-on-it dirty.

(Seems like the mk2 with the reverb off should do exactly the same thing, but I have an irrational faith in the power of the mk1. I pray to it when I am in trouble.)

Also (since giving the dumb obvious answer is what I do): Any synth you already own through a proco rat or other filth pedal.

3 Likes

Truth. Waldorf rocket through a big muff is dirty like drinking a six pack of beer and five coffees (or one four lokos malt beverage) at 4 in the morning.

3 Likes

Bastl Softpop V1

2 Likes

That’s called a porter… or a stout, maybe.

that’s when you do it on the tuesday morning after a long weekend.

1 Like

The Nord Drum has a really nice rawness to it at heart, they’re also proper fun to control. Dirty is quite a subjective one, but it definitely covers a few realms of dirty nicely too.
Norand Mono has been mentioned so joining that, assuming the MK2 reaches another layer of satisfying dirt with the on board distortion

1 Like

Sherman filterbank…. + any sound source.

Also acts as drone feedback monster by itself in the current version.

2 Likes