Unifono - OP-Z Sessions

New toy - new tunes…
But what a toy it is.
Got it few days ago and been making track after track… At least very usable demos.
As long as the honeymoon lasts, I will record videos of my creations and post them here.

Hope you dig them. Thanks for listening!

9 Likes

Nice and I look forward to hearing more!

I have not used my OP-Z much lately (or any other gear for that matter!) Today I bought the Oplab module for it so should be fun hooking it up to the 400 system when I get the chance.

1 Like

Lovely!
:thup:

Makes me think I should program Octatrack Scenes as TE punch-in FX :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling_face:
ha, didn‘t know about the oplab module.
I sold my eurorack but still have a moog mother32 and dfam. The op-z sequencer is pretty amazing. I have to say I really underestimated it

3 Likes

Thank you! Doable for sure, but the punch in effects are really convenient and musical for the most part :slightly_smiling_face:

Lovely, playful tune! A lot of small variations and a great sound quality. I most definitely underestimated this unit. Looks fun.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
yeah it‘s really fun and I really like the sound if it. The combined hp/lp filter of the synth engines works great for me. by subtly using different resonance amounts I always find a sound that fits in the mix.
And the bass synth sounds pretty punchy

1 Like

Nice!

I need to use mine more. I had a month or two of using it daily and barely touched it since. Don’t really more why…

2 Likes

hope my enthusiasm will last longer.
But this happened to me with other machines as well

1 Like

On a positive note, I don’t sit looking at it thinking “sell,sell,sell…”. Just a time thing I think! Plus the OT ended up being a major focus. I should really try both together…

In any case, enjoy your OPZ!

1 Like

Nice one, man! It looks like a fun and useful tool

1 Like

could be the same for me but the other way around :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Eaves !

1 Like

Next one :slightly_smiling_face:
had problems with the bright light when filming so I had to darken it… But I‘m an absolute layman when it comes to filming.
I always hope it‘s about the music anyway :upside_down_face:
Thanks for listening

6 Likes

Next demo. Strange composition but still a lot of fun for me :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

These sound great! Fantastic work. I’ve been considering the OP-Z for a while. I own a DT and a DN and I love them but I’d also like an all in one gadget that I can use on the go. Plus looks like it can play nice with the digi boxes too.

3 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, the Op-z feels very familiar as elektron user. Feels kind of a mix between dt and dn.
Synth engine on the DN is much deeper obviously but you can still get a lot of useful sounds out of the OP-z.
With the new sampling features it can also do a lot of stuff the DT can do.
The coolest thing for me is that it does everything without the need of a display.
The button combos are very well thought out, it didn‘t take long to get some muscle memory

Nice work, man! Great melodies :slight_smile:

1 Like

This feels like a song for a boss battle in a videogame. This is really dope. Keep up the tunes!

1 Like

Thanks guys. Happy you like them :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice jams again!

Don’t know if you tried already but sequencing the tape track can be great for tricky edits, you can select which tracks are affected and use multiplier and step length on the tape track for added interest. A fun way to use it is to make a copy of your pattern, set the tape track parameters WRT to track length, multiplier and the target tracks, add in some notes in step edit remembering that both buffer position and repeat can be selected, as well as p-locks, then have it muted so that you can use it as a kind of custom punch in effect by unmuting etc.

3 Likes