Underrated nobodies

Yeah, the “nobodies” portion of the title seems like a bit of a harsh description. I’m sure it wasn’t intended this way though.

Perhaps “Unknown and Underrated” would be better?

Sophia Kennedy is just outrageously good.

Her stuff is varied, synth heavy (sometimes heavy in general), psychedelic and abstract lyrics…great voice…honestly one of my favorites. My 14 and 16 year-old kids are also obsessed. We all shout along when driving.

Check out Apple in the Basket from her Being Special EP (it’s the third track)

1 Like

Both of these soundtracks are seriously underated and are quite good. So are the games themselves for that matter. I highly recommend them if you like platformer shooters.

The tracks are all rather short, but they are a joy to listen to. :grin:

awesome, thanks a mill.
gonna spin it at work tomorrow. looking forward to it :partying_face:

1 Like

Jan Nemecek

His work on Fragmented (2014) is stunning.

1 Like

Kv on sound cloud.

Film score type stuff. Real neato chunes my dudes.

Great thread ! Looking forward to explore these hidden gems :hatching_chick:

A couple of people you might not have heard of but who have been producing wonderful music for decades. Hard to know exactly what to recommend but I’d go for Ron’s A Voice in the Wilderness and Dave’s Trikuti, both albums I’ve treasured for years:
Ron Berry and Dave Barker/Asana
http://www.ron-berry.co.uk/

Awesome! That whole New Beat thing has always been underrated imho.

1 Like

Totally agree. His Olympic Mess LP is a total favourite of mine. And I really enjoyed his shows on NTS.

1 Like

Yeah, brilliant album and looking forward to his new album.

1 Like

Yeah the prerelease track sounds really good. I wonder if he’s given up with the Octatrack :smiley:

1 Like

I was going to post myself here, but then it hit me: I’m actually an overrated nobody. New thread for that?

A couple of Canadian underrated lesser knowns?

All I know is he’s gone back to using a lot of noiseboxs, vintage effects, still gonna be sampling so reckon the octatrack will still be there, definitely on live dates.

That’ll keep me busy, nice one

1 Like

He had it with him when I saw him at https://www.cafeoto.co.uk/events/helm-two-day-residency-one/ Hopefully he’ll do some more live stuff soon.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely early next year I should think and the ot should be there😆

1 Like

This guy doesn’t seem to make music anymore, but this album is so damn good: Forest Fashion | Christian Johns