Underrated nobodies

what is this ? 1992 again ? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The album I linked to, ZNS, is probably your best bet. You might like Fuji9, REM LED, Limerans, Cadamium, or 96969696?

1 Like

@ylva yo!

2 Likes

Excellent idea for a topic!

There’s a whole subgenre of instrumental hip-hop that I feel gets largely overlooked or simply goes unseen. I count all these guys as friends, but initially I discovered most of them through their music, which is a mixture of raw, heavy drums, dusty synths/samples and stomp box effects.

Son of a Bricklayer is from Copenhagen: https://sonofabricklayer.bandcamp.com/album/oout-of-the-fire

Black Monologs is Mhaze from Montreal and Psychopop from San Diego:

Feend is from San Diego (and posts here on occasion):
https://feend.bandcamp.com/album/ssecrets

Sinking Swimmer is John Pain and Egadz from San Diego:

Boomruin (who also makes incredible ambient under the name Moss Covered Technology) is from Devon:

Baron Cobra (who also recorded as Carlo for Bully Records) is from Vancouver:

Madslo is also from Canada:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be great, though.

5 Likes

This is sick!

1 Like

yea its good innit. think he was like 16 - 17 when that was released.

1 Like

Mause

Jerry La Flim

On the thread of sharing your music I hear at least a dozen underestimated people. It’s actually closer to twenty.
In my entourage, a childhood friend does great things but doesn’t share anything anywhere …
In your opinion more of underestimated or overestimated musicians ?

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

What an artist name :wink:

1 Like

I’ll tell him coming Sunday, thx

1 Like

Wow, is that a thing??!!! Known some folks in the early scene in Belgium.

1 Like

cool!
new beat got some kind of revival last years, this guy is one of „new new beat“ names, not so well known (as always).

1 Like

Super good. I think you’ll really dig this. Whole album is nuts

1 Like

Nice, gonna check him out soon and the new scene. I heard a lot of that in my early teens.

1 Like

Tony Kill, who seems to have renamed himself Tony Cruise after moving out of town. I miss him - he was an eccentric yet sweet, affectionate guy, and his shows never disappointed. I see he had a winter residency in Berlin

1 Like

One of my favorite mc’s quickly faded into obscurity before his expected breakthrough. The main reason was that he was signed by Dr Dre right before Dre signed Eminem, who probably took all effort and attention away once he was in the picture.

The Last Emperor, one of the most original mc’s out there, and with a great catalog of underground classics to dig into, recommended!

4 Likes

I think nobodies is a stupid word

3 Likes