Underrated nobodies

Who are your favourite artists that don’t get any publicity? Don’t post about people who are already well known, but people you found who don’t get much attention who you feel should…

6 Likes

I feel helm should definitely get more attention, amazing artist

this brings me joy every time i hear it:

…and i’m one of 10 people to buy it :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

My friend Luke is one of my favourite songwriters ever.

I’ve had the privilege of working with him on a few songs, and we had grand plans to work on albums together, but I moved away and we can’t seem to get a workflow going remotely. His music is incredibly beautiful and he deserves to be much more well known imo.

I played piano and jingled keys on this song :slight_smile:

5 Likes

break beat / electronica album from 1996 by Irish lad Anodyne. heavy use of trackers I believe.

his subsequent stuff didn’t hit anywhere near these heights n he’s fairly unknown.
this whole album is a total gem imo.

here’s the whole album…

7 Likes

Personally I really like SDEM. Interesting IDM stuff with a sort of lo-fi hiphop slant that I can get into. I believe he’s also an Elektron user.

3 Likes

Well…there’s me of course…
Now, i hope i will be wrong by posting this, but i have no recent informations about him being known at the moment, and yes, The Brian Wilson factor is pretty intense :

1 Like

the untouchable steven wareing aka batfinks, much missed

4 Likes

Daisuke tanabe. Would love to see what sort of gear he uses or if he just uses a DAW or whatever. Not a complete nobody got like 5k on IG but I’ve never heard anyone talk about him. Plays shows and art exhibitions in the UK sometimes but I’ve always missed them

8 Likes

One of my friends (and neighbours !) make great electronic music, intelligent, with dark and intricate sound design and rythms.

He’s also developing some plugins that some you may use already.

2 Likes

Aggressively digital, I’m a fan

this is exactly what I want to do, deffo digging deeper. Any recs

1 Like

All registered users have entered the chat.

5 Likes

Friend’s jazz band!

3 Likes

Esem aka George Marinov. Probably not a nobody in the tracker scene… but certainly not famous. This particular song makes me feel good any time I listen to it:

4 Likes

COSMIC POCKET : a friend of mine : a perfect junction between IDM and jean-jacques perrey but he doesn’t produce a lot now.

2 Likes

Me.

1 Like

You’re too modest to post your own moniker so I’ll do it: the human koala deserves more exposure.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t put him in the nobody category, but an incredibly talented dude. His album with Kid Kanevil was great too

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Dave Skywalker.

2 Likes