Unable To Sample

Hi all,

I’ve had an octatrack mk2 for the last few months, have somewhat gotten to grips with it but have hit a wall this evening!

Just in the middle of working on a project and as I tried to sample a record the rec 1 led is red and no recording happens.

Fair enough I thought, must have run out of memory.

However, now I’ve just opened a new project and the same thing, no idea what’s going on.

Anyone experienced this?

Hopefully my rambling is somewhat clear. thanks!

Thanks, I do actually know how to sample.

Or at least I did up until an hour ago and have somehow lost my mind in the meantime!

I’m more concerned that there may be an issue with the OT, though obviously hoping I’m just being an idiot

Oh, I know my OT from A to Z. Well, let’s say X.
Still, I sometimes get stuck with no sound. I don’t have the cold sweat of having a defective unit anymore just because it happened so many times :tongue:

Do you manage to sample with trigs on recording tracks and a Flex with according recording buffer?

Still, check again Cuckoo’s video, just in case you think you know but forgot one key aspect…

Yeah shall do tomorrow, will report back.

Thanks again

If it doesn’t work with even with a new project (as you’ve stated) try to power cycle the OT. Most of the strangest misbehaviours magically resolves themself this way …

I had disabled quick record, truly an idiot!

Cheers for the suggestions and sorry for any wasted time!

2 Likes

You have to regularly feed your OT and tuck it in every night, and then still run into these things… such is life, such is Octatrack.

As I’m learning!