UAD Essentials deal - tempting

UAD are asking $50 for a set of 11 plugins (until end of the month).

Must be a catch at that price though…!?

1 Like

It’s neater when such temporary s/w offers are listed here, it couldn’t be merged unfortunately, so only advising for future reference …

2 Likes

I ran a search before posting, but didn’t come up with anything.

I’m afraid I can’t possibly read every post on every thread and then remember them.

3 Likes

I got that bundle… For the Pultecs alone ( you get all three), but it also has a tape delay, and some other goodies…

Id jump on it!

2 Likes

There have been loads of posts about the excellent UAD plugin deals on the SW for Sale thread linked above - it might be worth searching in the future with a specific term like ‘UAD’, then filtering by ‘most recent’ posts. :slight_smile:

I didn’t get the bundle as I don’t need anything in there but the Oxide tape machine is a very good alternative to the Studer and Ampex. The compressors are brilliant as well. The Century Channel Strip is excellent. PolyMax synth is great too.

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

I just got the Studer tape emulation plug-in and I absolutely love it.

However, I discovered the other day that apparently you have to be connected to the internet in order for the plug-in to work, which is absolutely bonkers to me. Been using plugins since like 2005 and I’ve only ever just come across this. Sonnox Oxford Inflator, same thing. It just makes absolutely no sense why they would design it that way. Otherwise, the stuff sounds great.

3 Likes

I did exactly that. One mention highlighted in the SW for Sale thread, from before the sale was announced - talking about the fact that they’re producing native versions.

Just remove this thread admin if it’s such a big problem! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Analog Obsession is a good alternative, not sure if he has tape, but his pultec emu is really good.

Yep, it is bonkers. I frequently have to restart Ableton Live despite being constantly connected to the internet because Studer demands it. Such a pain.

1 Like

its increasingly seen; that ilok cloud is necessary for plugins, the new strymon plugins, zen delay, mixwave, all have that. I hate it too, but it seems like its the future.

2 Likes

$50 is definitely worth it for Polymax, Studer and the tape echo plugin. Polymax is up there with DIva/Repro which I consider to be the best analog synth emulations around.

1 Like

i actually got the signature collection because that deal is quite good too.
if you have the essentials, you can upgrade to the signature for 300.
its quite some money, but you get a lot too! the new reverb chambers are awesome.

only pain is that the neve 1073 is not included… (yet)

Ugh, so dumb. But why tho? That’s what I was getting at above, I’ve been using plugins for like 20 years, this has never been an issue, why is it all of the sudden a thing now?

1 Like

have you z[quote=“PantsGod, post:14, topic:205022”]
I’ve been using plugins for like 20 years
[/quote]

how much % of those plugins were legal/bought and how many were pirated?
(you don’t necessarily have to answer that), but thats probably the reason why.

All purchased completely legitimately

i must admit that I can not say the same, but bought a new laptop 2 years ago and 100% legit since then (i’m 40 years old now so too old to pirate software anyways). But trust me, many people do pirate. so I can understand plugin companies going for ilok cloud or subscription models…

I received something like (no exaggeration) 26 marketing emails from UAD over the course of a single week in late November during black Friday / Cyber week. One day they were giving away Volt audio interfaces with the purchase of UAD spark.

They must be crunching some hard numbers right now because I agree, the deals are quite tempting and some of their tactics are bordering on harassment. But clearly, they are effective for getting people’s attention.

3 Likes

Getting that Waves feeling on this one. I am actually quite interested in the plug-ins at this price point. But when people are saying that you have to be online to use the plug-ins, I’m out. Exactly why I stopped buying waves plug-ins years ago.

This type of cumbersome DRM is too much of a hassle, and I think they might be scaring away legitimate customers, while at the same time not actually managing to prevent piracy. Have been legit for ages, but I would be surprised if no one has managed to crack this.

1 Like

I feel you, but there are still lots of companies not pulling this crap.

I bought a bunch of stuff from Aberrant DSP also during Black Friday, and they aren’t doing this nonsense