Two questions: tracks linked? and scale while recording?

For some reason if I turn the pitch knob on a certain track (track 8), track one is also changed. Track one is also blinking. How did I do this? Where in the manual does it explain this. (I looked in the index but did not find something that would seem to relate to this behavior).

Also is it possible to set a scale length per track and record say twice as long as if it was set up in the normal 64 steps scale. I tried to record eight measure by setting up per track scale and choosing 1/2 … I could not get it to work. I could be missing something.

On a side note: I have almost finished a whole song on the OT. I just have to figure out how to make the end work. It is nothing great but even getting to the point where an idea is almost complete is accomplishment for me. If people are intrigued, I can do a link, once it is done, done. I make no promise regrading quality of composition, but moving forward is always positive. This is the first real(ish) piece of music, I have written in around ten years. Almost forgot, I have to record the guitar solo also. I always put that of to the last recorded thing. Then a fast master.

Thank you and as always peace

The only explanation would be a MIDI loop and both tracks using the same MIDI channel. By default encoders will send their changes as CC on the MIDI channel of the track. When the MIDI loops back the other track will receive the same CC on the shared channel.

When setting the track scale to 1/2 the time each step takes just doubles (from 1/16 to 1/8), but you won’t get more steps. It’s like playing this track at half of the patterns BPM.

When your question about scale and recording was about recording audio / sampling, then the following thread may help:

3 Likes

OMG you are brilliant… It was a midi loop… it would of taken me a long time to figure that out. However, I can see how that might come in handy.

I am going to read the thread on most effective way to sample. I would like to get quantized recordings longer then I can now.

Thank you :blush: