Turning the M:C into a Single/Dual Layer FM polysynth or a 3 Layer/2 part FM Drum Machine with Individual Outs via Ableton and m4l

ahhh well dang! that’s the ticket

Already used your plugin in my newest jam! The only thing that doesn’t seem to work for me: every time I load the project, I have to assign the number of voices again, it always resets to 1.

3 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, the plugin is not mine, it is available in the m4l user library. I have noticed that too, max4live have a default value, you can go inside m4l and change that.

I have spent most time in the las week modifiyng the deditor and m4l devices for my needs, today tried the 2part 3 layerFM drum machine mode, with individual outs for external processing. It is awesome.

Poly 5 plus 1 mono is the mode I still have to try, L output as polysynth and R out for the monosynth; configuration used in the Streichfeet (Different beasts though)

Very nice video, thanks for sharing :wink:

Is this basically a template in order to send midi to Cycles and change voices parameters + randomize ect?

It does all that; almost full control from ableton (Pad menu not available via midi) and allows to play it as an up to 6 note polyphonic synth. Same method can be used with any multitimbral monophonic synth or sampler like Model:Samples, Octatrack or Digitakt…

1 Like

:+1: