Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Some of my all time favorites, I mean the whole albums:

Urban Species

Homelife

Thievery Corporation

3 Likes
1 Like

Ahh! Homelife! A true gem!
I have that one on vinyl, but I’ve been looking for the next album (Guru Man Hubcap Lady) furiously for years. No luck yet.

2 Likes

There was another Homelife’s album Cho Cho. Before Flying Wonders. Such great music!

2 Likes

You all got me thinking back to some ninja tune now

2 Likes
1 Like

Loving 9 lazy 9

proxybell-mindset down
does all the melancholic trick of trip hop

Made this a while ago. Definitely has a triphop vibe.

Dj Shadow and Dj Q Bert mixing and scratching together. 24 minutes of madness.

If you’re familiar with the U.N.K.L.E.'s Psyence Fiction Album here’s one of my favourite mixes of all time, reconstructed by the Scratch Perverts.

My “bed side” album.

6 Likes

Hoover(phonic) was mentioned before, I’m not sure if it really counts as trip-hop, but I love their first album A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular.

5 Likes

Ooh this is all so good. Most of the best ones already listed. For some reason I found Archive only a few years back and were almost in tears for Londinium - so great to find ”new” trip-hop.

I also count early Björk as trip-hop, Homogenic and Post are awesome albums.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Long Road - what a great track.

I remember picking up ifyoucantstanddabeatz Ninja compilation in 96/97; ripped onto my trusty minidisc (which was at its peak of coolness)
It was the soundtrack of a whole Summer Winter and Spring 
 such a treasure trove, alongside other discoveries
what’s really good is how listening today to music you listened to intensely a long time ago brings back such clear memories.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Does Mulu count too? I can’t find it right now, but there is a great version of this song out there called Sink (Sunk).

1 Like

this record blew my mind. I still have it on wax framed on the studio wall.
9 Likes

Amazing