Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

Hey, I am interested in collecting various trip hop music from all over the globe. Currently Ive been checking out the likes of
Portishead, Unkle, Tricky, Amon Tobin, Allflaws.
Please post any song, video and link suggestions. I will post some too :wink:

Here is a good start

Portishead - Only You

16 Likes
10 Likes

I donā€™t know if this is considered as trip hop, but Lamb made some great albums.

11 Likes

Definitely trip-hop :slight_smile:

Edit: My contributions:

8 Likes

A Taste of Struggle

2 Likes

Tipper.

3 Likes

DJ Foodā€¦ Ninja Tune had a lot of that sort in the mid 90ā€™s

9 Likes

Trip-hop is one of the reasons I failed at university back in 1996-1999: I spent way more time listening to music with my buddies than attending coursesā€¦
Ninja Tune was the label Iā€™d check periodically then. I remember the Vieilles Charrues festival at Carhaix with a scene dedicated to the artists of the labelā€¦ awesome!

11 Likes

I listening to a lot of Triphop back in the days.

Hereā€™s my own attempt at making a Triphopā€™ish track:

Some other bands influenced by the sound:

3 Likes

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Peterloo_Massacre/PETERLOO_MASSACRE/peterloo_massacre__03#

Peterloo Massacre have come late at the game, but have trip-hop in blood. Like another portishead-like.

Back at the time is Archive

is trip-hop light but enjoyable.

6 Likes

Tricky and Massive Atack

7 Likes

Estheroā€™s album ā€œbreath from anotherā€ is one of my favorites of this genre from that era

Not sure how popular it was worldwide but she is Canadian and it was a pretty niche album here in Canada. I feel it still holds up quite well.

9 Likes

Cross my heart hope to die

1 Like
12 Likes

Not strictly trip hop, but shares a few traits, and is so totally 90ā€™s

2 Likes

There are many great tracks in this thread so I can only add some of the obvious tracks that have yet to be mentioned. I miss the esthetic of 90s trip hop, it sounded exploratory and wasnā€™t overproduced, unlike most every genre in modern music.

If youā€™re going to walk, you might as well walk your way.

9 Likes

3 Likes

I love trip hop and have tried to hunt down all the stuff I listened to in the 90s.

Ruby is a classic.

Mono has that french flavour although I guess they were british.

I loved and still love Earthling!

Gus Gus from Iceland were also a bit triphoppy.

I could also list some local delicacies from Finland, but one forgotten trip hop classic comes from Sweden (That Camel -sample is just so good.) The whole Great Blondino album is very good. Check it out if you get a chance.

Thereā€™s lots more. I have a weird affection for cd-singles. I try to collect all my favourite 90s tracks on cd-singles. The most underrated musical format ever.

7 Likes

Mo wax headz 1 and 2 are great comps for showcasing some of the best trip hop artists around

5 Likes
10 Likes