Triggering Slices Via Midi

Hi Folks,

I’m new to the forum but recent major convert to the Elektron game.

I have an MPD 24 & I want to trigger the different slices I have made via the MPD. I can play things chromatically and that’s cool but I want one slice per pad. I’ve been looking through the manual and I’ve yet to have much luck with it.

The overall idea is to use the octatrack in all of it’s glory with the added benefit of some pads to make it more akin to an MPC.

Is seems like there is some info on this on the web but nothing definitive(IE no youtube tutorials)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

That would be great but to my knowledge it’s not possible.

Some people have already discussed it here: http://www.elektronauts.com/t/triggering-slices-with-midi-notes/433/49100

I had read this and was not satisfied with the answer.

Thanks for responding!

What do you mean when you’re not satisfied with the answer? Like you, I would love to trigger the OT w external pads. But as it is right now, slice # doesn’t update fast enough to make this possible. I emailed Elektron about the problem and they’re aware of it, but told me no solution was on the horizon. Prepare to remain unsatisfied

Very satisfying results with that…

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to play individualy each slice of a single track with an external midi controller? For example, each note of a keyboard playing each slice of only one track.
I can’t see any way to achieve that.
Thanks

Check above link. :wink: