Triaz Native - Software Drum Machine

Just realised you can drag stuff directly out of Backbone and into Triaz. Hoo boy.

2 Likes

You guys aren’t making it easy to avoid buying this…

1 Like

do it.

(screeches in Sith)

1 Like

Don’t worry, I couldn’t behave, too. :scream: :yum:

With Sanjay’s Voucher you will get additional 10%

1 Like

…why, exactly do i need another drummachine, that is based on next new fancy samplepax and still sooo many more left to come, u can feel free to purchase next, again?

because of layering/blending samples?
because of another additional sequencer grid?
because of luxurious export options?
because of built in fx like saturation, delay and reverb?
because of automating things?
because of dragging sounds in and out?
because of another ooo soo revolutionray gui that looks fancy?
because soo many totally uninfluenced influencers telling me to do so?

well, i think so…i just have to ignore bravely for a minute, that my daw can do all that since ages, in so many various ways, if i would only finally know my main tool inside out for real, not to forget, all that other drummachine plugins i already have spent money on, that can do all that in their very very own way, too…
like sugarbytes drumcomputer (which adds real drumsynthesis to that same blending cake plus a real fresh take on sequencing), like xln’s xo (that let’s me get sorted all my other samples i have in check all over the place so comfortly at the same time and all at once, if it does not get killed by triaz once i install it) or sonic charges micro toniq (that works timeless oldschool classic in sequencing and skips all that common sample game right away, to just aim right at real unique synthesis all along), and oops all these can even spill their midi beans out to be createtd and exported, too…all for less money if i only do not miss any of all this voucher codes and grandurious starting offer…

is it just me, or does anybody else can just hold their excitement for a second to realize, i really don’t need a next new shiny plugin, that does more one shot sample based beats…

no wait…maybeee it’s just me…while anybody else still thinks, my beats will get soooo much better than ever before, if i only buy this…all problems solved.

8 Likes

The contest in DAWS like Live 12 or Studio One 6 is so good now you could make an argument for never buying another plug in fx…but where the fun in that!

I have the WA ‘Live’ drum machine sound packs (Revolution etc - Revolution Live Pack | Drum Samples | Ableton Live (wavealchemy.co.uk) ) and they are some of the most used drum machines sounds I use in Live…WA make the best drum samples IMO, so a native VST to play them makes sense for many and I can use it in any DAW (I have several!) - the cost of the plug is worth it for the drum sounds…no brainer even if you want drum samples to play in your DAW.

I am happy to support WA (have to spend my money somewhere) they are a great small developer, lots of communication and big plans for TRiAZ format (lots more info on KVR thread for future roadmap) (228) Wave Alchemy - Triaz Native - No Kontakt – Free for current owners! - Page 15 - Instruments Forum - KVR Audio

PS- XO and ATLAS are now pretty much obsolete in Live 12 as the DAW finds similar sounding drums in your entire collection natively, even has a hot swap with sound preview in drum rack-everything moves on!

6 Likes

Nah… maybe for you they’re obsolete, not everyone.

3 Likes

I have XO and ATLAS 2, be interested to see how many Live 12 users still use them in Live when it finds similar sounds (even synth pre-sets) natively, neither has a great sequencer IMO (ATLAS is OK) so the find similar sounds thing is really the main reason I was using them. But as you say, other Live 12 users may have other use cases…To drift back on topic, Triaz doesn’t have find similar sounds natively (comes with 15000 samples pre-tagged), but the sequencer is far better than XO and ATLAS…I cant think of a better sequencer, and the sample sound shaping (and quality of supplied samples) is suburb…

THX for that KVR link. WA is very responsive and spends a huge amount of time to answer the more or less complex questions.

Looking forward for the first updates and Triaz’ future development.

Thanks for the KVR Link

I could be wrong / out of touch here but I always found WA to be quite low key, rarely mentioned. I purchased their Complete Drums bundle / samples a fair while back as my first massive Sample library purchase. Always had a super quick and helpful support to answer my queries also!

I’m a fan of the plug-in. My only criticism after playing with it for less than several hours is there’s a lot of mouse clicking. Like, 1 or 2 too many buttons clicks to go between the drum page and sequencer page. I’d appreciate some keyboard shortcuts to move between things.

Other than that, the thing is dope.

And I’d like to be able to rename the tracks.

1 Like

That’s a good call. With keyboard shortcuts this plugin will be warp speed fast.

We are getting to the point where it’s almost instant to think “I want a 909 kick layered with a 707” and it’s done.

Bitwig browser is not that fast, lots of mouse clicks to search through samples if you left that area of the browser. One of my few complaints with the daw. I end up using sononym a lot to find my sounds.

Triaz just lets me focus on the WA samples, which are great. And it’s super fast to find whatever you need.

1 Like

If they release it on IOS I’ll might buy, specially that reverb Glow.

That’s why I still use the underrated Arturia spark plugin for the past 9 years. Which actually has the full synth engine opened up. I felt so many times for the next best thing and sold most of it.

3 Likes

I had the spark for so long that when I got a yocto 808 I was more impressed by the 808 on the spark. I know it has SSL style compression but it sits in a mix so well.

1 Like

I have Drumcomputer and that’s a great plugin but I rarely use it. I think mainly because I don’t really want to synthesize my drum sounds that often. Triaz has all the go to sounds I use in many variations, which is a big appeal to me. I think they do a really nice job with their samples. Very high quality, easy to mix and mold into whatever tonal vibe you want.

I love the Samples from Mars and Goldbaby stuff like most people too, but kind of got tired of SFM after using them so often. The goldbaby layered collection is sick though. Triaz splits the difference there and lets you make your own layers rather quickly.

Still has some features they need to iron out. Sounds like they are going deeply into random and making it sound musical in a future update. Stuff like that, if done well, is really great workflow enhancer for me.

1 Like

Where is the edu discount signup?

1 Like

Go to FAQs. There should be an email.

But you can just open a support ticket prob.

Just have proof that you can upload.

1 Like

do Triaz tracks have individual track time signature capability and swing?

Swing, yes. Time signatures, I don’t think it does.

1 Like