Transferring samples : SDS ? - iOS solutions?

Sell MC-101 buy M:S and Chromebook, profit - and treat yourself to a Pot Noodle with the change? :smile:

1 Like

I cannot sell the MC-101, its my “UK breakbeats” box :heart:

A solution will find its way to me eventually.

2 Likes

Damn, I think my defences have been breached, all this talk of M:S…

Yeah MC-101 does look pretty cool TBF

Its a great box (and will be even better with the upcoming “big update”), but its more like a complementary piece to an elektron, not a replacement. Huge sound library and the programmable scatter function gives a bit of TE “punch in fx” / OT scene flair, but lacks intricate usable sequencer programming. The way one edits polyphonic seq data on that thing is a nightmare, easier to re-record than to fix mistakes…

But I digress, thanks for your input everyone. The search continues.

Made this one in 15 minutes last night.
Used 4 samples.

Just sayin’

on topic:
Yea the Web MIDI limitations on iOS are a big roadblock and also surprising considering how good iOS is for music in every other way. Frustrating for sure.
Chromebooks are only $99 tho

It’s too bad void abandoned SDS Drop, and too bad Transfer isn’t iOS capable (yet?)

1 Like

It’s too bad @void abandoned the forum.

(I miss him)

2 Likes

Does anyone still talk with him outside the forum? Last time I checked his GitHub page didn’t have activity for a long time

1 Like

Dudes gone off the grid. He’s gone now.

Pour out some drink

1 Like

maybe he resleeved? I miss him too

I thought of the sillyest way to get samples onto the m:s. I transfer the samples over to my rytm or OT first, and SDS from there… Its going to be painful but it should work, assuming either the rytm or OT can send audio samples over SDS… EDIT: damn it, not supported by either the OT nor rytm :cry:

Machinedrum has SDS transfer, but i do not know if you can send samples between devices.

I already sold my MD…

My md is on its way back from Elektron hq. I’ll test the md sds to m:s when it gets home. :wink:

2 Likes

Sounds like there’s a gap in the market for a simple sample transfer app here.

4 Likes

Indeed. What saddens me is that my googling last night lead me to a post by void where he said he has the code in place for a new standalone SDS app… which I guess he never got around to releasing. He mentioned about it on muffs IIRC

Update: I talked with a known iOS developer about releasing an SDS app. He said its something he’d like to do. So no guarantees or ETAs if SDS is coming to iOS land, but here’s hoping!

In other news - I just ordered a model:samples :woman_facepalming: Well done elektron

2 Likes

YES please. A universal Elektron iOS app that could work like a utility app on the iPad with all Class compliant devices.

any official or unofficial ways of making this happen? where the apps at?

1 Like

Im developing sample transfer app, currently the discussion thread is here Ström on iPhone 6

1 Like

You’ve linked to the wrong discussion thread. Not related.