Transfer 1.4 upgrade

Hi! What version are you running now? If there is some chance of data loss between two versions we should know about it. But generally it should always be safe to update to the latest OS. Also could you refer to these concerns somewhere?

2 Likes

Project backup (especially when using the tip of changing the file extension to .zip to access any samples) works like a charm on Rytm. This is the solution that has been requested for many years. An amazing job by the Elektron devs :pray:

13 Likes

Woo!

Fully backed up my Rytm for the first time, worked like a charm. Thanks elektron

Cool beans!

The release notes directly linked on the Support pages for DT, AR MkI, and AR MkII (as opposed to the release notes in the OS download packages) still refer to the previous (April 2021) OS versions.

1 Like

Presumably this disclaimer is for project/sounds/samples backup. The manual for Transfer 1.4 (page 4) claims that it supports MD and MM for OS file transfer.

1 Like

I believe changing the file extension to .zip will allow for some forensics on any backups. Though I would be careful

1 Like

yeah, best not to poke the bear. Iā€™ll just backup my samples in addition to the project backups. I just had to remember that the RYTM / Digitakt are 1gb a piece and that is such a tiny amount to deal with.

I mean compared to an mpc 60 youā€™re in the jetsons land :joy:

7 Likes

I guess this is a long shot, but will digitakt projects which use six or fewer samples be transferable to model: samples?

This update is a complete paradigm shift. Wow :star_struck: Thank you very much!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!
To answer your question: I donā€™t think those will be compatible with each other but letā€™s see what happens :thinking:

Nope

What happens with the attack parameter? Or the different filter?
Or the sample start resolution difference?
Or the compressor?
Or LFO parameters p-lockable on one and not the other?
Or the different sample slot scheme (one is midi based, the other is not)

2 Likes

Yeah I didnā€™t realize not working in WINE was a known issue. Which is weird because Iā€™ve had decent luck with all sorts of other audio apps, especially MIDI-only ones. Anyway, FWIW, Iā€™m getting this error (EDIT: with the MSI installation), in Arch, and I just updated my packages:

0128:fixme:file:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0128:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
2 Likes

I just about filled up my Model:Cycles projects, great timing. I was going to sell the cycles a couple of months ago because i didnā€™t use it that much, but decided not to because it was to much of a bother to back up my projects :joy:

Does this update means that we can exchange sounds not only samples? So export and import a sound along with the attached sample?
That should open up a soundpack DT only market or am Iā€™m misinterpreting

2 Likes

This is great! Looks like Transfer is becoming the project and sound manager we crave. My only request is the ability to rename Projects/Sounds in Transfer. Like right-click, select ā€œRenameā€ or double-click the name to edit. Brilliant work!

3 Likes

Seems to work for me. Iā€™m on Windows 10 64-bit and Analog Rytm MKII.

A great update!!

All good points! Thanks

Well done Elektron. Only took you four years to do this