Transfer 1.4 upgrade

:facepalm:

Thanks @craig - you’re the man

2 Likes

You’re right. I genuinely thought I was on the latest. Just skimmed over the “B” release.

3 Likes

Does Transfer 1.4 allow you to pull different patterns from multiple projects and load them into a single project?

Not yet.

4 Likes

I’m curious about this as well, I’ve been meaning to try it but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Yes, similar here… I think 1.4 now lets us back up projects to clear out/arrange what’s on the units themselves, along with storing and backing up kits/sounds. But being able to drop a collection of patterns sounds/kits into one consolidated project isn’t there yet.

Anyone know if this can be done within the units though? I’m thinking specifically of my Analog Four… can I set up a new project and bring in patterns/kits from other projects?

No
It can backup projects and allow you to rearrange them but you can’t go ‘in’ and arrange, name , copy , paste patterns within that.
I think it’s possibly on device though - search the forums for that.the copy/Paste functionality works in a lot of situations

1 Like

As others mentioned, I also had issues backing up projects in Overbridge mode - I had to set my ARmkII to USB Midi before the transfer worked properly.

2 Likes

This is really useful. What I would love to see is pattern management (like Elk Herd, or pay him to do it). Rearranging patterns and projects for live sets is a huge headache, which is massively sped up by being able to drag n drop patterns on a computer. It literally takes a task that took me an hour (including accidentally deleting certain patterns) into a minute or two. I miss Elk Herd now that I’ve moved from a Digitakt to a Rytm.

Just to be sure, if I copy the contents of the Projects, Sounds, and Samples folder from my Digitakt to my Mac, and erase my Digitakt, can I then restore it all just by dragging everything back into those folders?

That is, I’ll be able to continue where I left off?

Hi ,
I’m on Analog rytm mk1. latest firmware (1.61B) with transfer 1.4.
I’ve backed up all my projects and sounds in my computer fine but not able to backup all the samples.
I’ve got " could not verifing the sample " error
Maybe a " special characters " issue, because some samples have spaces or special characters in it.
Do you know a way to fix this ? renaming all the samples may be a very long and scary option , because i don’t know if they will be still recognised in all my projects.

thank you for your help

If I’d had Elektron Transfer 1.4 a year or two ago I’d be a different man today. I filled my box up completely a while ago, I was in limbo, didn’t want to delete anything didn’t want to use anything. So the RYTM just ended up sitting there… I slowed down making music and started doing other things instead. If i’d had this feature back then I would have backed up all my files and continued forward with a clean slate, making fresh music with a whole 128 project slots to work with. Who knows maybe I’d even have a hit record by now and entered history with the likes of DJ Tiesto and Jeff Mills as a superstar DJ. Oh well… we’re here now i’ve backed up my device and ready to make some more music.

5 Likes

Very cool; next step is to have a page somewhere (maybe here) where we can post/upload our RYTM projects/files? or is there one already?

Yes:
https://www.elektronauts.com/files

2 Likes

Thanks! but I don’t see many user projects/sounds for the rytm (since the 1.4 update) yet! so there is room :slight_smile:

Feature request: can we get a normalize option? Ive found working with the AR samples are better normalized and samples from around the internet vary wildly on levels.

I’m late to this one. Thank you very much for this update, the backup situation with the AR was one of the only reasons I couldn’t really work it into my setup anymore, it was just too cumbersome to backup if you used samples at all. Problem solved. Well done, happy customer here.

2 Likes

I can’t seem to preview rytm samples on 1.4, I’m sure it worked on the last version, if I select rytm in drop down box on left pane the samples can be selected but not previewed.

1 Like

You can only preview samples from the computer via Transfer, not the Elektron device - with the DT here at least. Once I switch Transfer’s left pane to view DT, the auto preview area disappears.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it used to allow me to preview the Rytm samples on the computer in the last version, and DT too, unless I am remembering wrong? It has been about a year since I last used it though.