Track Transpose

couldn’t agree more with you!

This can be done

really? how? - i remeber that copiing a midi track will result in a track with midi receive channel being crossed out…

IIRC it’s done the exact same way as you would an audio track.

1 Like

I found a workaround to transpose a MIDI sequence on the Digitakt, but it only works for MONO devices/sounds.

On the MIDI TRIG page, using the relative NOT2, NOT3 or NOT4 values allows in fact a transpose of the playing sound, since only the last note of the two note chord is audible, at least on my Roland SE 02 and Korg Prologue (in mono or unison mode). It does not work with polyphonic sounds and it might not work with all sounds, I have to experiment with glide settings and see if that still is a valid workaround then…

8 Likes

awesome trick, thanks

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

This trick is a freakin’ godsend.

Me and my 0-coast owe you big time, Sir!

Could someone plz explain to a complete noob with this? How do I make a “clean” jump up or down one octave with this solution? Thanks

If you hold down FUNC while turning the NOTE knob you get an octave jump. Again, this workaround only works for certain monophonic sounds. With TD-3 for example, it basically works, but it always triggers the glide effect then.

I am using the modwheel to transpose external sequences from DT to DN or any external synth.
Turn up modwheel to Pitch All to 127 at the DN. Value 12 at the modwheel corresponds to 1 Octave. You get slide pitching effect, use micotiming at the mod trigs.
You need two sequences…one with notes and another with a longer sequence running the mod transpose trick. Works for me…

Modwheel or pitchbend wheel?
IIRC I tried a pitchbend wheel to transpose samples on the Digitakt but it didn’t work.

Modwheel is CC1. You can’t remap CC’s to parameters on the dogitakt, I din’t think

Right. At the DT itself to transpose internal sequences you have to map the tune parameter CC.

You could also check if your external synth has an CC-able “octave shift” parameter, which would also work for polyphonic sounds.

Not all synths have one octave as the max pitch bend, and in a lot of them you can change the PB range, if you do transpose by PB you’ll have to configure the external synth first

yo, any chances we can get Track transpose ?

Elektron Support is your best bet if you want an answer but you must first create an account.

1 Like