Track Challenge: Go Digital

It’s certainly better than the inverse- to post what you think is an awesome song and later realize it’s a stinker.

I’ve done that a few times, still have cold sweats thinking about it

3 Likes

From my days playing in bands, it was almost like there’s this rule that when you think it wasn’t that good of a show, when you listen back later it just always sounded better and quite good really. However, the inverse applied to that every show we thought was just rocking, we’d listen back later and be almost embarrassed how bad it was… (we were probably just way to high so it sounded great at the time, but so was the audience so it really didn’t matter😂) The best most epic jams ever never make the recording, no matter what, if you think your having the best jam of your life, for one reason or another the recording fails, always…

2 Likes

True! That one track I discussed regarding Overbridge and Maschine- it was originally sketched out and I didn’t think much of it but saved it for some reason or another

Checking back to it- I heard a lot of potential in it- best track on the EP.

I should save more of my computer jams…

1 Like

you just described my modularsynth live, haha.
i later stooped even thinking about recording.
Further on using my modular like in the days when i played Guitar:
take the Guitar from the Wall, play, …put it back.
another day happened.
silence

1 Like

This summarizes the past 20 years for me…

2 Likes

at the time i recorded alots of my modularjams, just not the best ones :wink: hehe,
i often tought it was AWESOME, listened to it the other or even the next day and thought:
wow, its crap ! haha
c´est la vie.

no problem for me if i see other People feeling this way about their Music,
its part of the game.

1 Like