Track Challenge: Dataline Fan Club

drink is important

2 Likes

Feel sound too… I just can’t for Song Mode… it’s like thinking the song in Microsoft excel

1 Like

That’s what I do. It depends how tight you want your track to be. I think it will be difficult for someone in not-Cenk level to do song mode AND performance macros. Most of my tracks are just one pattern manipulated. It’s great that they put that feature in there for custom workflows but for me it’s a neglected feature

1 Like

Yeah and it’s forced you to make a different JAM each time which is not a bad thing at all. Except when you haven’t recorded the GOLD ONE :stuck_out_tongue: should be cool to have a JAM export to SONG mode option or Song Mode Live Recording :joy:

Maybe there is and as i never investigate song mode :joy:

one thing I learned early is “always be recording”.

1 Like

Ninja mode OT. (This thing needs some heat…)

@Ryan Cool mission.
Time for beer.
Cheers

9 Likes

although sometimes it can be like a dream where you think have something really good and then when you go back to analyze it later, it was shit.

1 Like

Awesome work. That part around 2:00 is insane. I take it the OT has more sound warping capabilities than Rytm. I’m having a hard time producing any kind of pad or lead synth sound from the sample with the Rytm. Mostly percussive stuff.

3 Likes

it’s happen a lot more than the opposite. that’s the beauty of Live. So much DJ set I recorded where the party was huge in the moment and listening again few days later… don’t pleased me at all… ALL of this DJing recorded materials is gone to trash :joy:

1 Like

OT is the killer tool on that part

1 Like

Maybe loop on, set the start/to a space really thin attack and reverb that sucker. Filter as needed.

1 Like

Oh man! That was REALLY good! Excitingly good! Excellent job, friend!

That beginning reminds me of a Wisp record! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry sort of off topic but I think song mode/arranger might have some jamming usefulness by programming chains with song mutes and for OT scenes and offsets, and then jumping in and out of these chains instead of having the song play through…

1 Like

Yeah that’s beneficial, I almost did that for my submission, but j have no strategy so I couldn’t play that out enough to do it.

1 Like

For the last battle I used song mode for the first time.
Not to record the song, but right after, when I new it by heart, to keep a trace of the progression somewhere.
Then I can export it for Ryan :smile:

1 Like

I had to put this track through heat, This what happened. :heat:

4 Likes

Sweet jesus. OT looks complicated as hell. haha couldn’t even follow what you were doing. I take is muscle memory plays a huge part. :smile:

1 Like

Not complicated, but complex, as in “many possibilities” :slight_smile:
At some point you get to know where is what!

2 Likes

Check this post :
([ Tips & Tricks ] Afraid about the Octatrack)

OT is in it’s own category of instruments. It’s made to be played like one. I own OT for couple of years and yes, muscle memory does it’s job. Once you get your head around the OT you will have a lot of fun. You can have a steep learning curve with just reading trough the forum and watch tutorials. OT is THE tool for sound design. And I love the limitations it has. I could go on and on how OT is the best, but this is for another topic…

In the end it’s all about how much time you invest.

3 Likes