Track Challenge: Dataline Fan Club

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Digitakt loves this thread

15 Likes

You are such a tease!

Video or it didnā€™t happen :wink:

5 Likes

Alright, Iā€™m gonna have a pretty busy month- I had some free time the past couple of days and thought Iā€™d go ahead an knock this out. I did this in Ninja Mode, but I would not recommend it. I had already filled out my tracks when the thought crossed my mind. I tried to play around with scene parameters more than I usually do on the OT, but with each sound pretty programmed in I couldnā€™t figure out any good sweeps.

ANYWAY! It was fun, and I got some interesting sounds out of the patterns that I had admired when Iā€™d heard other people make them but had never made personally.

https://soundcloud.com/olaffergie/information-zig-zag

(Get it? :smiley: )

11 Likes

This is great!

Maybe I have to have a go on this on the Rytmā€¦

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to hear what you come up with!

1 Like

Haha fanclub challenge. Iā€™m in!

1 Like

sometimes i kinda forget how ultra crazy the OT can beā€¦ this challenge is really reminding me

im going ninja mode on this one - but im gonna take a little while to put something together, so i can maximize the freaky deaky

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to hear it(but have to) :smiley:

Iā€™m in :elot: :loopy:

1 Like

Iā€™m in too. Iā€™m fairly new to this gear, so this will be my first attempt to actually complete a track.

1 Like

My favorite thing about Elektron gear is that any musical shortcomings you might have is easy to full swing into the ā€œexperimentalā€ genre and that makes it sound like youā€™re more of a sound artist more so than just a lousy musician :smiley:

For evidence of this you can listen to my track :smiley:

Canā€™t wait to hear what you come up with!

2 Likes

Exactly. This is why I am finding Elektron gear so much more rewarding than software and a DAW. Endless opportunities in a DAW lead to a handcuffing of a different sort - almost a lost at what to do, because you can do anything. With Elektron, you sit down in front of a box and you experiment. It is incredibly fun to just sit there and noodle around and see what happy accidents and workflow tricks reveal themselves. Iā€™m happy with what I have come up with so far, but this challenge is going to force me to actually learn ā€œsong modeā€ which I havenā€™t touched yet. I am using a Rytm for this, btw.

2 Likes

I, sadly, havenā€™t used song mode yet(maybe once) but I definitely need to focus on that workflow

1 Like

Whatā€™s a song mode? :ecstatic: Or in other words, I wonder how many years it takes for me to try it outā€¦

2 Likes

itā€™s the Spotify/Deezer playlist of your patterns :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This guy :smiley:

2 Likes

Like I said, this gear is new to me. Do I need to not bother with song mode? Maybe just stick with manual pattern changes and scene/performance pads?

Donā€™t worry PRO donā€™t use it unless they need to focus on Playing other things. :joy:
(Or drink)

2 Likes