Torso Electronics S-4 (sculpting sampler)

Bild_2023-11-01_163248169

Let the speculations begin :wink:

EDIT: Preorders are open.

17 Likes

oh iā€™m interested :sunglasses:

This is an arduous wait though. Iā€™m better off forgetting about this for two weeks than I am speculating for that long :rofl:

3 Likes

Most interesting thing from my point of view is that that clearly looks like a screen. I wasnā€™t expecting that from a t|so device. Not a positive or a negative. Just interesting.

3 Likes

I think it is kind of Live recorder that can granulate or mangle sounds like Morphagene. Something like thatā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m relieved to see it. Did my best with the T-1 but my brain wasnā€™t able to copeā€¦or, more likely, I didnā€™t use it with enough frequency to get a firm grasp on its functionality. But it is such a cool deviceā€¦felt a bit sad moving it on.

6 Likes

Oh man, a midi granular mangler thing would be top notch !

2 Likes

same. I appreciate a good screen.

the OP-Z is really one of the only screenless devices that Iā€™ve been able to manage working with, but ultimately the speed with which info gets communicated on a screen helps a ton when working on something. The T-1 was fun for me to twist knobs on but ultimately I had little clue where I was and what I was doing.

there is a difference between screen-centric (ie a new MPC where youā€™re staring at the screen the whole time) and a device with a screen (ie the deluge oled, where the oled transmits very useful info but the device is still centered around your interaction with the hardware)

I have a feeling that after the T-1, if Torso is dropping something with a screen that this device will still be hardware-centric and very tactile. At least I hope, that would be great.

3 Likes

The announcement email said ā€œExplore malleable sound.ā€ My guess/hope is that itā€™s a 16-part synth/sampler companion to the T-1 with granular/timestretch capabilities, that also powers the T-1.

5 Likes

cant be sure what it is but maybe rip my wallet

2 Likes

Looking much forward to this one :grinning:

Me too

There is a little video on their instagram. The audio seems to be granular stuff with a stop tape effect at the end. ā€œCapture The Momentā€ appears in the video.
So maybe a real time granulizer/tape effect, something like the Bastl Thyme ?

2 Likes

ā€œcapture the momentā€

sampler?

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s not the most intuitive thing at first, and you have to want to learn it, but once that lightbulb goes off, it pays amazing dividends. Iā€™ve never been so fascinated with a sequencer. Give it another go!

1 Like

Wow. A T-1 with sampling capability would be amazing.

1 Like

Erased

34 Likes

amazing find!

I am very hyped for this now!!

kinda glad itā€™s not a granular-specific thing, sorry not sorry :smiley:

Sampler + Tape-era workflow + Samples/Realtime audio
is this an OP-1 challenger?

6 Likes

Well so much for speculating :rofl:

2 Likes

21 Likes

Yeah it leaked earlier, with specs and all. I wonā€™t play this game but it looks damn cool !

2 Likes