Torso Electronics S-4 (sculpting sampler)

Looks like PE Tracker proto :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

dude :blush:

Looks like a beast for ambient and more leftfield type Electronica

Seems like a tape audio looper rather than traditional sequencer?

1 Like

Yikes! I canā€™t afford to want this, but I do.

1 Like

Too bad it got leaked - I know these guys. Unless itā€™s on purpose of course.
It looks awesome! Definitely getting this.

5 Likes

Please all mighty god let it be stereo samples. Looks interesting

4 Likes

My question is; is there a strong enough reason to want this if I already have an Octatrack?

I would just really like to see more strong OT competitors tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

I think a bigger hi-res screen like that is a nice thing to have, presumably it could be set to show whatā€™s happening on multiple tracks at once as well as just display much more information about the state of the machines. Thatā€™s something I think the OT could do with and why I hope Elektron move to a next-generation of displays for their future boxes.

Feels like thereā€™s a bunch of wasted space on the panel there, but maybe itā€™s because itā€™s quite thin or something.

And yeah if this isnā€™t properly stereo then just wtf man, wtf. But surely it will beā€¦

1 Like

Oh

no

And I was feeling so pleased with myself for not wanting new gear right now.

16 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Please do not share something thatā€™s been hidden for a purpose.

3 Likes

Iā€™m definitely curious. Even though T-1 wasnā€™t my jam, itā€™s clear this team clearly puts a lot of love into their stuff and the quality is very high.

1 Like

Based on what Iā€™ve read it seems like it could be a generative musicianā€™s dream FWIWā€¦ Not quite my bag all of the time but yeah seems ideal for some of that.

1 Like

Well, if it helps, I promise to remain pleased with you regardless! :wink:

2 Likes

It actually does help a little :slightly_smiling_face::pray:t2:

2 Likes

Fuck it, Iā€™m in.

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Looks fun, as long as it can be fun standalone, but if thereā€™s no battery Iā€™m out. I salute everyone who can sit at a desk for music making. My rare spare time is on a sofa or a train.

Amazing :black_heart:

Ok letā€™s speculate (thatā€™s what we are here for, right?):

• Iā€™m pretty sure the 8 knobs in the upper right corner relate to controlling the 8 parameters shown in the picture:
    Ā°Speed Ā°Start Ā°Length Ā°Resample
    Ā°Flutter Ā°Wow Ā°Drift Ā°Wet

But what are the 4 symbols representing?

1. (green triangle) ???
    1. (yellow square) ???
    1. (blue hexagon) ???
    1. (red cogwheel) ???

And the symbols below the 8 knows?

1. waveform?
    1. granular?
    1. adsr?
    1. ???
    1. ???

Please insert your ideas (1-9) :bulb:

Could be an onboard mic with the four little holes by the power button?

2 Likes

If I had to guess, primary function start/stop/pause/record, but secondary functions as well (e.g. cogwheel is probably settings).

Edit: wait, I see start/stop under 5, so never mind.

2 Likes