Toraiz is calling

setting a start and an end point is “perfect for chopping samples”… lol

you mean A sample.

its just one step above a casio sk-1 as far as that is concerned.

i have no dog in the race… i don’t own elektron or pioneer. nor do i work for them. i fully expected to purchase one of these until i found out that you couldnt define slice points. if they get it together i will look again but for what I DO… that just won’t cut it (see what i did there?)

You should probably try reading more of the thread so you have some context with regards to the statements I’ve made. Had you done so, you’d realize the Toraiz was a replacement for the RYTM I sold. I sold the RYTM mostly due to its inability to fine-tune the starting point of samples, which takes away the ability to chop samples (or a sample) in the box.

The Toraiz has more extensive sample editing features. This allows it to chop a sample, and believe it or not, this actually means it can chop multiple samples since these editing features can be applied to any sample from any pad.

There are more things I’d like to see improved than just “slice.” It seems pointless to even complain about considering it is one of the things they explicitly stated they’d improved unlike other things I’d like to see improved.

2 Likes

the rytm is not a sampler

Are you always so insightful?

2 Likes

I know, Rytm is a dancer.

11 Likes

Guys… No acid in this thread please !

1 Like

@JOB then why constantly argue?
and the rytm absolutely IS a sampler,
if you want to use it that way.
i do.

1 Like

Sample player.

3 Likes

@edison samplers have certain functions that the rytm (i own one) doesnt posses…

uhm…namely…like sampling

and i’m not arguing…

its just hilarious that people complain about a non-sampler (rytm) not having sampler functions (ability to fine tune start/end points) and and yet forgive a MARKETED sampler (toraiz) for not having even the most basic of sampler functions…

does that make my position clearer?

2 Likes

A Roland MC-303 is a sample player, but you cannot adjust the start points of the internal samples or load different samples.

The RYTM is a sample player that allows the adjustment of the sample starting point, and allows samples to be loaded & erased.

I can state some more obvious things for anyone interested.

When all the mods start moderating in a single thread it’s a sign of problems. The tone, and acidity as mentioned, of the discourse isn’t conducive to preserving the genial vibe we try to uphold

And, to be straight, the mods will look at anyone ‘teeth baring’ not one bit more favourably than the aggression which was hypothetically thought to justify it; it won’t; that’s what we’re here to do, everyone can easily flag a post which doesn’t adhere to the spirit of the guidelines and we’ll discuss and deal with it. This works well and we have less to sort out in the long run and as we have to keep abreast of all topics it makes our reading (and everyone’s for that matter) more pleasant :thup:

That may be true, but everyone will still be judged alike in this one. We (mods) cover a broad range of opinions and standpoints and tolerance levels and we moderate by consensus (and as little as possible) and we’ll hold our hands up if we get it wrong. Mods get moderated too btw and we have used the full spectrum of sanctions, we are very fair, then firm.

Can we keep it all on topic and to the guidelines and let’s have no more moderator interventions please :okej:

People are lapping up these insights, if you want to satiate that by offering your time then go for it, but it may help to just accept that some folks like things served up differently … it is possible to have different opinions and keep it civil, the continuing provocative sarcastic comments here and elsewhere add no value, but serve to preserve the volatile tone - flag it, don’t take the bite and respond in kind

To presume that people may feel ‘threatened’ by a new gear in town is really a problematic and strange perspective to bring to the table to begin with. Sampling is not the new Nuclear arms race and we’ll not let corners of this forum descend into a pissing contest.

Everyone, please bite your tongue … does that next reply really add anything to the collective understanding and is it advancing the topic

The guidelines are linked above, a few folks need to refresh on those and the sarcasm won’t be tolerated going forward. More posts like that will be removed or edited - clearly Prints has a lot to offer a lot of interested folks, but this is a thread for everyone, can we draw a line and disagree more genially so that first hand info can come through :thup:

9 Likes

gear is gear, just use it.
i can sample shit on my computer, dump it on the rytm and sequence, arrange and effect my samples…
good enough sampler for me…

1 Like

That. I love that use of language

This thread needs MORE acid :v:️:heart_eyes::v:

4 Likes

editing what i said?

Speaking of which,
is the Toraiz capable of any single cycle waveform sample playback, and if so, how do the digital filters perform in this regard? Can the Toraiz make acid?

1 Like

I hear you loud & clear; I get it. I don’t agree with this though. I was trying to understand/explain where all the aggression directed towards me/(the Toraiz) was coming from.

I get you’re trying to moderate my tone, what I react to, and how I present information. I’m trying to meet your standards because I get that I need to more responsibly handle myself because a lot of people are paying attention, and things can quickly go out of control (get uncivil). I’m only human, and it’s difficult for me to control how I react at times. I feel things have been ok though. I’ve seen worse.

1 Like

Yes. You, and everyone else in this thread had been warned.
Confrontational language does not adhere to the guidelines.

https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling.
Ad hominem attacks.
Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
Knee-jerk contradiction.

Always Be Civil

Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:

Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.

3 Likes

Indeed, i see an example of ‘worse’ just right above you and right after a request to draw a line has been asked for. Just do your thing, if it gets moody, don’t rise to it, flag it, flag the moderation too, we’re all human (and we really all have different likes and wants), it’s a good thing that we find gear that channels our ideas - heck, I really like the A4 keyboard, go figure !!

2 Likes

Tempers have boiled over and the guidelines are being ignored.
As such, this thread gets a time out.

The thread will re-open in a day or so, after which adherence to the guidelines and respectful discussion will be expected.