Question for TV users, sorry if inappropriate here:
I’d love to incorporate the TV but without pattern mutes I’d go insane. So I thought I’d have the set in my DN2’s song mode and trig the TV externally & have a TV pattern per song.
Is that doable without the 10ms audible difference between DN2 and TV? Would it be wise to clock the DN2 from the TV (few people mentioned mentioned sync in is a bit off for the TV) but have the sequence data played from the DN2’s MIDI tracks? Anyone dealing with these conundrums…?
Don’t have a TV (any longer) - but about to go get one again.
My assumption is that the ~10ms latency is from the audio processing part of TV. So the MIDI note-on message from the DTII will take 10ms from it arrives at the TV MIDI input to “become sound” coming out of the TV audio outs.
Assuming a similar latency with any audio coming through the audio inputs.
For anyone in the US looking for a heavy duty travel case…the Apache 2800 from Harbor Freight fits perfectly. There is also a battery bank stored in the layer below the TV. I like it a lot.
So Tonwerk is now on my Desk and I immediately noticed how long it took to boot, initially I thought it got stucked but now I loaded the new OS into the SD card and on eject it took a very long time ( by very long time is the longest I did witness on a Elektron machine ( Syntakt, Digitakt and Digitone 1 and 2 ) is this normal? does it take this long to boot? just checking
Yes it was the default one, I did create a new one and switched it off and on again and it did take less, sorry this stupid rant but that Elektron logo steering at me was fearful
In general, yes. TV is an embedded Linux platform, while every other Electron box was programmed bare metal. Both have pros and cons — the thing you’re mentioning is the latter. Every other project than the default one loads much faster though. The default one caps the RAM (fills all four gigs almost).
Can anybody confirm, is it possible to live record a sequence while using the arpeggiator?
In other words I like to create loops with arpeggiated playing but not “constantly holding down the arp” for the full loop, if that makes sense.
Just want to confirm this is possible.
Thanks!
I’ve been off the Elektron train for 6+ years or so but the Tonverk brought me back in. Arrives tomorrow morning and I’m super excited. This machine gives me the same excitement that I haven’t gotten from an Elektron box since the OT / MM / MD days.
There are so many counter arguments for common things that people complain about the Tonverk currently missing. For example, the lack of a crossfader, sure… but you can also quickly shift which of the 3 buses you are routing audio to. This is even more powerful than a crossfader in some ways, in my opinion. Also, if you really needed the crossfader you could just map a MIDI controller with a fader? Is there granular control over MIDI (IN) CC functionality? For example, could you map a MIDI fader so that when the fader is all the way up it sets a filter’s cutoff to 87 of 127 (for example) instead of the full 127 of 127? Sorry, I’m tired, maybe that doesn’t make any sense? “MIDI CC amount limits” for lack of a better term?
TV users! Samples From Mars Black Friday sale just kicked off and you can do the all the samples bundle for 50 bucks. This includes a LOT of multisampled instruments and classic drum machines, some processed in interesting ways and many including loop point data already.
I’m using the SFM stuff so far and can totally vouch for it. Many of my subtracks use the classic 808 and 909 sounds. And lots of synth oneshots.
One thing I need to work out is how to get the multi samples working on TV. I also need to check the download as I’m not sure I grabbed any SFZs at the time. Is there a good way to port them across?
Search the threads for tonverk multisample tools and there’s a thing called Multisample Architect a very helpful someone made that will set up your multisamples for TV or OPXY formats. Haven’t tried it yet but will. I was already using SFM x0x samples but was happy to get all the synths and some other drum machines I didn’t have already since making my own multisample instruments is a chore to me.
Ok ok, I got flagged and everything for asking Ai and simply trying to get confirmation here.
I’ll respond according to these guidelines in the future and not mention any use of Ai, sorry.