TM-1 alternative for loading samples to machinedrum UW

Needing the TM1 to load autechre sysex doesnt make sense, MIDI cable will also load them just taking more time.

Sugamo was joking.

1 Like

I am thinking in buying a Machinedrum UW
that doesnt include the USB to midi Turbo device propietary from elektron, the TM1, and i am wondering how important that isā€¦afaik It just improoves speed but would i also be able to load samples and save and loading sysex and also importing samples?

Thatā€™s correct. You can use any MIDI interface to move data to and from your computer but the TM-1 includes Elektronā€™s Turbo protocol which can make the transfers faster.

More discussion here:

1 Like

I use to use my Motu Microlite to transfer samples to the Machinedrum, but sold it awhile back.

Anybody know if this would work.
C6 transfer > USB midi > Digitone > din midi > Machinedrum , for transferring?

Basically using the Digitone as a middle man. I doubt it would work, just curious if anybody has tried passing data through a device for transfer to another

Has there ever been a way of using the turbo capabilities of the other machines like analogs or digis as a usb turbo midi interface? Just got a UW in a trade and donā€™t look forward to long transfer times compared to my old rytm :joy:

1 Like

Transfert with turbo is maybe possible between AR and MD, sending sysex.

Is your MD a +Drive?

Tis

Tis means it is? UW MKII + Drive?
In that case, I guess you want to tranfer more than 2.5 MBā€¦?

1 Like

Correct

As far as I know, none of the Elektron instruments pass USB-MIDI input to DIN-MIDI output.

5 Likes

Ballz thanks

Iā€™m curious if AR can send samples to MD with Turbo midi! (Without USB)

I donā€™t believe it has any file send ability in its sysex dump menu

1 Like

Youā€™re apparently right. MD can turbo send itā€™s recordings to AR maybeā€¦

Definitely. A few people here were using MD as a sampling front end for AR MkI.

4 Likes

have you ever tried it? does it work? iā€˜m in a pretty similar situation right now, haha :sweat_smile:

I never tried it as I purchased a new interface that has midi to usb capabilities (motu ultralite mk3)

1 Like

I have a non +drive machinedrum and the time to load snapshots takes forever. Canā€™t find any TM-1 or any alternative online.

Any suggestions ?

as far as i know snapshots are only available to mdā€™s that have the +drive, like when you go to global settings then down to file, do you see a section that says +drive ? also do you have UW?