TM-1 alternative for loading samples to machinedrum UW

Tis

Tis means it is? UW MKII + Drive?
In that case, I guess you want to tranfer more than 2.5 MB…?

1 Like

Correct

As far as I know, none of the Elektron instruments pass USB-MIDI input to DIN-MIDI output.

5 Likes

Ballz thanks

I’m curious if AR can send samples to MD with Turbo midi! (Without USB)

I don’t believe it has any file send ability in its sysex dump menu

1 Like

You’re apparently right. MD can turbo send it’s recordings to AR maybe…

Definitely. A few people here were using MD as a sampling front end for AR MkI.

4 Likes

have you ever tried it? does it work? i‘m in a pretty similar situation right now, haha :sweat_smile:

I never tried it as I purchased a new interface that has midi to usb capabilities (motu ultralite mk3)

1 Like

I have a non +drive machinedrum and the time to load snapshots takes forever. Can’t find any TM-1 or any alternative online.

Any suggestions ?

as far as i know snapshots are only available to md’s that have the +drive, like when you go to global settings then down to file, do you see a section that says +drive ? also do you have UW?

The Megacommand.live supports Turbo MIDI as far as I can read. It seems it can also somewhat function as a replacement for the +drive?

I could be wrong though.

1 Like

A long time ago, on Elektronauts, someone attempted to clone the +Drive. Just dropping this here hoping someone capable feels inspired to do it for real :slight_smile:

I was in this boat a few months ago with my MDUW. I placed a WTB here and found a TM-1 within a couple days. try that, and hopefully you have similar luck!

Out of curiosity - does the TM-1 work with anything but C6?

/Thomas

Yes, TM-1 is a class compliant device - works as a standard MIDI interface.

1 Like

But will TurboMidi work with e.g. SysEx Librarian?

Yes it does, but I don’t get the 10x speed. It’s a bit slower than it was with C6, it seems. I have to lower the speed or transfer fails.