Timestretch

Are you sure of your Dest setting?

yes i put all these settings for the first step

Plocked? Shouldnā€™t be plocked except for lfo trigger.
Settings should also be the same for all trigs, the second step will use track parameters. Check them.

In other words, these settings should be set as track parameters, not plocks on the first step.

turn off velocity to volume on the track

2 Likes

Excellent thanks, it works now.
:smiley:

1 Like

It works too for this method thanks again

I only just got notifications now, but I see the elektronauts helped kozlov already!

Thanks folks

1 Like

This video aimed at the Digitakt (though equally applies to the Rytm) offers a slightly different method to getting a nice LFO based time-stretch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD_Jtzpy6GE&ab_channel=dialectrics

1 Like

I uploaded a video on time stretching using retrigger and velocity mappings. Therefore the LFO stays free for other purposes! :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8e3pdYyCv4

37 Likes

This video is super helpful. Thanks for showing this technique. Now I want to see what other velocity mod tricks there are.

1 Like

Genius!

2 Likes

Great technique, thank you

1 Like

Super nice!

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

Great stuff, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

this was insane !

1 Like

Duuude so sick if only Digitakt had velocity mapping

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT yeahhhhhh this rocks

This is actually one of the smartest work arounds or misuses I have seen on any synthesizer. Absolutely brilliant.

1 Like

I would just like to thank you because this blowed my mind and I am having so much fun with my AR MK1 as a crunchy lo-fi sampler with analog filters that I am building a whole set on it.

Also, the velocity mod trick itā€™s maybe the most useful feature on the rythm ever. Who the hell needs a second LFO now, I have a synced one with four destinations!

Adding P-locked retriggers and using trig slide adds to the complexity. Really finding some incredibly organic textures that I wasnā€™t expecting from the machine. Kudos.

1 Like