Thom Yorke

Anima and Amok are my go to albums for mountain biking! Thom Yorke is the man!

2 Likes

I think the reader request was about trying to replicate the bell labs vocoder.

I do love Thom. Brilliantly cranky, excellent taste in basically everything, and makes amazing music. And he gets the elektron thing! Top interview.

1 Like

Monomachine.

5 Likes

King Crimson/Radiohead. Lest we forget.

Love the new LP, can hear the MnM all over it

1 Like

I liked him better in the 80ā€™s;

1 Like

Pet sounds had a synth? Does that mean theremin because thereā€™s Ann electro-thermomin on the song.

What about Whose next by The Who that came out a few years before dark side and has that whole Baba O Reilly and wonā€™t get fooled again synth action going on.

1 Like

Well shit, Monomachine prices just went up a bit moreā€¦

6 Likes

Maybe he has some random username and posts on the forum! Would be pretty hilarious if he created some annoying threads ā€œwtf elektron, Y No songmode on DT?? #forcemetobuyOTconspiracyā€

17 Likes

I predict a Thom Yorke pseudo-Reddit AMA thread on Elektronauts where it wonā€™t actually be Thom Yorke but some random person down for a laugh.

After every question, his answer will be ā€œYesā€

Furthermore, I predict that that user will be me

6 Likes

Heā€™s probably been told to RTFM a few times then :smirk:

Good interview!

5 Likes

Didnā€˜t he say once, that the eraser was entirely made in the box?

4 Likes

So awesome to read an interview from my favourite artist. Radiohead are the best band in the world and Thom Yorkeā€™s new record is ace, so itā€™s really lovely to know that he also loves Elektron gear. Makes me want to use it more in my own live setup!

6 Likes

makes me want to buy a MnM once again :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I always loved this liveset with Nigel, where he used the MDā€¦
Iā€˜m pretty sure there was a full version of the set, but I canā€™t find it anymore

4 Likes

Saw the Anima film via Netflix last night, real good!! Beautiful dancers!!

2 Likes

I hate to sound the pedant, but itā€™s actually the Bell Labs VODER which is a distinctly different technology from a vocoder. A vocoder produces sound with a modulator and a carrier signal, whereas a voder produces sound through a keyed mechanism with no microphone involved. The voder uses keys for pitch modulation, fricatives, plosives and sibilants, etc.
:+1:

8 Likes

iā€™m a sort of middling fan of Radiohead but this was a fantastic interview - great vibes and he clearly respects the interviewer which is why it was not as unbearable and awkward as most of his interviews areā€¦

Or maybe heā€™s just changed over the yearsā€¦ he used to be a man of few words in the pressā€¦

1 Like

Ah interesting! Iā€™ll have to read up on this, sounds interesting

1 Like