Thom Yorke + RYTM

Someone needs to tell him about the Overbridge update !

not 100% but i think thatā€™s also an Analog Keys

Nice find.

Yep, that is analog keys :slight_smile: I like Thom Yorke and his philosophy. Great studio productions as well. Check out the ā€˜from the basementā€™ Radiohead session if you can as well. They were the brain child of the producer Nigel Godrich as far as Iā€™m aware. There was a showcase episode as well with Radiohead / Andrew Bird and the Fleet Foxes , which I found very inspiring.

The person youā€™re talking about is Nigel Godrich, the same person who posted that pic to twitter : )

That is one helluva compact stand/mount

Love the drums and percussion on ā€œBlack Swanā€ā€¦ keen to see what heā€™s coaxed from RYTM.

ā€¦2006 was the release dateā€¦

Nice. looks like rytm is built into the white case/standā€¦ i appreciate everything these guys do. The basement sessions are inspiring and pretty beautiful

I think maybe you misunderstood what Iā€™d written thereā€¦
I was saying I liked drum sounds heā€™s had in the past and posted an example.

Based on that iā€™m excited to see what he does with RYTM.

Better?

Thom has made good use of the Machinedrum in the past, so this could get interesting.

Thanks. Didnā€™t know his name

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could give me more insight into Thom Yorks workflow concerning the Rytm.

I am a Rytm novice and would like to implement his style (loosely based) of percussion in our bandā€™s music

Thanks in advance for the tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

And as far as I can tell from Nigel Goldrichā€™s IG heā€™s still rocking the MKI. At least for his live Modern Boxes.

Anyway I hear a lot of its synthesis on Anima, taking full advantage of its polymetric capabilities. Tracks are most likely recorded individually.

1 Like

does this come from RYTM you think? does anyone know if he uses the machines or also samples?

me too!

Canā€™t be Rytm on Black Swan because Rytm was released in 2014. In this interview on Elektronauts he said he loved using Rytm live and used Octatrack on Anima - as well as several other Elektron instruments in different projects throughout the years.

2 Likes

https://www.elektronauts.com/talk/134?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=other-video_native&utm_campaign=global-ty_talk_1-

1 Like