This synth does not exist

“cat pee”

1 Like

this is oddly reminiscent of black mirror

@Ryan check out guga"s post video this might interest/entertain you if you haven’t already seen

I think this rig looks like something AI would throw together… but is actually real (new subthread maybe?)

4 Likes

The child of Minilogue´s Grandmother:

Psychedelic Button Show:

New Make Noise stuff:

New Casio PD Synth:

Space Ship Synthesizer:

4 Likes

what every keyboard needs, extra black keys :point_left:

1 Like

Cursed Monomachine:

Btw, just found out on Iterate World you can jump into other peoples streams and remix their generated images. Someone remixed some of mine, probably I wouldn’t have found out otherwise.

3 Likes

want.

That’s a neat concept although it would be nice if you got a little pop up like some kinda snapchat screen capture warning

Lol, for a moment you thought you wanted a popup screen on that Monomachine^^

They have some kind of NSFW filter implemented. I got a popup two days ago when I tried to generate a drum machine thing. I guess the filter is actually part of the image generation, not filtering out certain words (or probably both?). None of the words I used were in any way NSFW, so I guess the AI is a little naughty bot. :laughing:

@DaveMech Not happy how the thread turned out or just busy?

haha!!! that would be a synth that does not exist!

is that your cat making the face on your youtube snapshots? great cat face lol

Haha yeah it is! The photo turned out a bit blurry, but that actually exaggerates the impression on his face in a funny way.
I took it when we had bought him a new cat toy and he was so happy playing with it.

1 Like

Midjourney’s take on drum machines…

I totally want 2 and 4 in the first image.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t understand the names it’s putting on them?

Midjourney doesn’t do text, so it’s approximating characters from what it knows of devices likes these, though a Climash drum machine does have a nice ring to it :joy:

1 Like

Man, this AI thing is going wild… Love it!

19 Likes

Ah, cool, you can also post in others users streams at Iterate.World like an associations game.

These two are from other users.

Uncanny knobs and buttons synth:

Youtube starter kit, modular groovebox and succulent:

3 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it before but in retrospect, it really makes sense that we elektronauts vibe with the genrative ai stuff: we like playing with new tech, we’re comfortable with the black boxish nature of the interface, and have a penchant for spending hours making little aesthetic tweaks obscure (for now!) work.

The prompt models are a lot like a synth in that you have some idea what adding a word to your prompt will do to your image (like the name on the knob), but in concert the results can be pretty unexpected.

1 Like

surprisingly good hand :slight_smile:

1 Like

looks like weird molar teeth, or mini marshmallows

1 Like

And that black button thing next to the yellow text seems to exist in several weird dimensions at the same time…

Indeed. I’ll try painting that in acrylics. The “synth” already has this acrylic paint quality.

2 Likes