This synth does not exist

great call. mechanical surreal-ality, such realism but the content is like a machine lathed acid trip

1 Like

8 Likes

tell me why the very bottom right looks a toy piano mated with the korg kaoss pad

and the one above it looks like some weird future update to the yamaha djx or whatever that weird controller with the cd turn tables was called

2 Likes

10/10 would buy the neon EMU rompler thingy.

2 Likes

hahaha, I have no idea. I only gave it basic prompt - futuristic keyboard synthesizer

Here’s what it (Midjourney) did with Modular Synthesizer:

3 Likes

Made some with https://iterate.world/

No idea how to actually train it, the website doesn´t give any pointer, no faq either, but some turned out nice.

Edit, ah, figured it out. The free account is not only limited in terms of how many images you can create, but also has limited features.

This is a fuzzy synthesizer for dogs

This is a scratchable synthesizer for cats (can be wall-mounted)

That´s apparently an SP404 cake

Haunted Portastudio

5 Likes

This, my friends, is the Psychodomophone 6000. The Psychodomophone 6000 is the only synth on the market that has to be watered and fed like a household pet. The rotary dial in the middle allows users to cycle through 6000 amazing presets. Presets cover a wide range of sounds from robots screams to various animal screams and all screams in between. It only screams though.

Summary

If you build it, he will come. And beat the bleating heart to drum and pay you many Richie’s for. To speak. Into my sword your soul will speak.

14 Likes

Analog Electromagnetic Field synth

This handheld Field synth is a portable workstation for generating sounds from interactions with electromagnetic signals and noise. A self contained unit designed for wandering the world of invisible sonic fields.

It features 4 channels of wide frequency range tuners, which are processed as granular oscillators before running through modulatable filters and envelopes. The tuner/oscillators can also cross-modulate.

Internal tuner oscillator:

5 Likes

These are so beautiful. I’m talking about @HERON’s post directly above this but so many of them are really. @Crudeliar’s post apocalyptic jam field is like a dream world. I like to imagine these all still emit a strange and lovely sound even though they have become a part of their environment. The @auditorycanvas one that has plants growing out of it is the main brain of my imaginary synth studio.

2 Likes

I made the site with some friends. Definitely a work in progress, so thanks for trying it out! I just added a bunch of credits to your account if you want to keep playing (you too @PofM, @Funk_Illuminati).

There’s no way to train or tweak it yet but you can add modifiers like --dreamFortress, --face, --trip to use some “presets” we’ve come up with. Of course, the main way to tweak is just experimenting with your prompt.

edit: one other “trick” is to name your stream something relevant… that’s one of the cues the AI takes.

5 Likes

Now so many synths for Behringer to clone…

2 Likes

Huge thanks for the credits and the tipps on how to use it!

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing. I lost hours there today, and generated multiple potential album covers. So cool.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Imagery from Tarkovskij’s “Stalker” remake??

1 Like

Teenage Engineering OP-5. £9,000. Optional LED butt plug: £800.

12 Likes

comes with bandmates!

3 Likes

Yea, the brain synth, also controllable by psychedelic induction or PIDI. Instant Steven Wilson on key press, followed by Sigor Ros on aftertouch, minus 25 million pounds on release velocity.

2 Likes

Definitely a fun rabbit hole.

2 Likes

…hidden somewhere, there might still be one forgotten :smile_cat:

3 Likes