This is why I love you all

So this is why I love every single one of you glorious b******s on this forum, because in this place, even the rowdiest, most foul-mouthed, loud and crudest person can find a space where they’re accepted. As long as you’re not downright offensive or mean to people, the tolerance and acceptance here surpasses any other forum I’ve ever inhabited. This is the place where everyone drinks with everyone, where anyone’s invited to share and participate with your own style and voice, whatever it is and wherever it’s coming from, where you’re not judged just because you’re not a specific type of person and where disco jams with techno while Mozart plays the Digitone together with Jean-Michel Jarre’s OP-1 jam.

It’s not difficult to practice compassion and tolerance when you invite people who think and act like you do. It’s a monumental challenge to do the same, when you let all kinds in and accept them still.

So the Oscar for being decent and human in a time where it’s called for more than ever, goes in no particular order to all the members on this forum, cause you’re great just the way you are. And to the moderators, for allowing us to stay great, just the way we are. And to Elektron, for giving this forum a place to stay.

123 Likes

This is what I sound like on MDMA.

110 Likes

He forgot killjoy.

3 Likes

kilroy-silk_robert

Leave him out of it!

11 Likes

http://youtu.be/CTEOQ-71-E4

Hmm, not sure why the video didn’t embed…

3 Likes

I’m teetotal, well - more beer total, and it’s my round :beers: Cheers!

6 Likes

And that’s what I look like on MDMA.

16 Likes

I fully agree with you. This is what it means to be rational and accept everyone’s different opinions and have a discussion. As rational people do.

5 Likes

Get a room! :smiley:

3 Likes

Has anybody else noticed these kinds of Thankyou threads creeping up from time to time?
Always good to be grateful I guess

6 Likes

Gratitude is our attitude :slight_smile:

10 Likes

C33y

4 Likes

Are you guys serious?! I’ve never been on a more regulated forum. Everything is flagged, if it’s the least bit offensive. Like it or not, but this ‘every opinion is welcome’ is really bizarre to read.

17 Likes

Gosh, I love all you Elektronauts. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is what I sound like the day after I’ve been on MDMA.

35 Likes

I’m loving your MDMA posts! But sounds like you come down earlier than me. Maybe you need to do more? I usually have 1-2 days after, where I slide out slowly.

1 Like

My problem is caffeine.
If I have it after a night on the Mandy, I’m a wreck.
If I don’t have it, I’m a wreck.

Basically I’m a wreck.
Luckily for me, I have kids now, so won’t be enjoying any of that for a long time…

Don’t do drugs, kids.

5 Likes

Well said. Next round is on me! Cheers!!!

1 Like

I think there’s a big difference between tolerating opinions and tolerating behaviors. I’ve not encountered a circumstance where someone has been censored for respectfully expressing an opinion (as long as it’s on-topic for the thread). But sure, plenty of times people are flagged for being rude or insensitive or aggressive. Those aren’t opinions, though.

And yes, some ‘opinions’ themselves might be seen as offensive or intolerant–sexist, racist, homophobic, etc.–and I’d expect those posts to be flagged as well. But the rules of this forum are clearly stated, and nobody should be surprised about the consequences of breaking those rules. I’m not sure why “regulated” has to be equated with censorship, since all societies have agreements about what is and isn’t acceptable behavior. Nobody has a right to post whatever they want on a private discussion board, and there are other places to go that are unregulated. But honestly, my experience here is that even if someone posts something that some users find offensive, the first reaction is usually to try to have a reasoned discussion about it.

And in fairness, the OP never actually said ‘every opinion is welcome,’ so this is a bit of a straw man you’re attacking…

18 Likes