"Things were easier back when I was young ..."

It only seems like that on the outside…
The revolution will be spiritual, no war, no physical rebellion. Done on the inside, until the hundredth monkey. :monkey::sparkles:
Science doesn’t know about this, they never talk about spirit… :heart_eyes:
It probably worries them to even mention it because it’s not something that can be explained, it’s a feeling or rather an energy, a relationship between a person and what life is…

3 Likes

Speaking of cables, as a teenager I got my house all hooked up with ethernet cable, got my dad to drill holes in the roof and walls to route it all around. We all had our own computers, routed through a Linux computer on an oldschool modem connection (the 14k, 28k, 56k stuff).

How many times “WHO’S DOWNLOADING@!!!” was screamed, I cannot begin to count.

3 Likes

I’ve never reinstalled or wiped my 2012 computer and it’s running like the day I got it. Back in the day things would just get messed up and you always had to wipe and start over…

1 Like

Maybe that’s why I always feel the urge to reset my iPad! it’s like a neurotic tic or something

1 Like

It’s primal fear leftover from early windows days… :smile:

1 Like

I remmember when my dad and I upgraded our gateway computer with a 100 megahertz 486 processor and we were just so stoked about it… It was the fastest thing ever…

1 Like

Dial up internet anyone?
That took days off our lifespans waiting for pages to load… :rofl:

1 Like

And it was always those damn Geocities pages with a billion unnecessary oversized images all over the place and “embedded” audio clips that you had no way of finding

EDIT: Oh wait, it’s the same today :rage:

3 Likes

Before DVD’s, they were the size of records… Haha

1 Like

I had a friend who was obsessed with these things. We used to take weekly trips to little Tokyo so he could laser disc shop. He swore they were better than DVDs and even has an expensive player that “auto flipped” the disc.

2 Likes

So much cooler IMO

haha good old floppy disk :slight_smile: my brother had windows 95 on floppy back on the day, I saw him once reinstall his pc from those loool

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m loving this thread… I’m car camping in the forest using satellites to access the Internet to dig up pics of old tech and talk to people around the world… Haha. It’s the future…

5 Likes

3 Likes

wait if that’s really happening, that’s hilarious! :100:

1 Like

Scroll up top there’s a pic I took like an hour ago sitting in my car… :smile:

Here’s the old cable slider box, you had to attach the wire to the tv and use this to select channels…

2 Likes

That thing is painful to look at. Imagine losing that in your couch cushion.

2 Likes

1 Like

Slap a screen on that first one and it doesn’t look much different from what I see some people walking around with :wink:

By the way, the forum just told me this:
You’ve already replied 3 times to @Open_Mike in this particular topic.

Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too?
HAHAHAHAHA…

2 Likes