There Can Be Only One!

That’s surprising! Care to share why even though it’s your least favorite?

In short: it’s a fine compromise of synthesis and sampling(unless you like making banging techno)

For an all-in-one box, you could do well with it.

But it’s not a compromise I would choose to make if not under hypothetically unreasonable scenarios :smiley:

1 Like

15" MacBook Pro with Ableton Live 10 Suite.

2 Likes

probabaly a laptop with a copy of Max or Reaktor or VCV. not that i can really use any of them well at the moment, but i think they would keep me occupied for many years if i did

3 Likes

If we’re going to choose a single piece of software (which I don’t think was the intention of the original post above, I think @DataStrain said you get to use a DAW setup with your One And Only One Hardware Device) then I would most certainly go for Bitwig 3.

1 Like

Nord Modular anyone? (I don’t own one, but it looks like it’s pretty limitless)

Having just got a MBP and loving it I’m very much in this boat right now!

1 Like

ok probs just either of the software mentioned then and a generic midi keyboard with a few knobs

i refrain from choosing 1.

makes no sense to me anymore. life isn’t like that.

would you ever choose one food?

choose one drink?

i think that sort of question is misleading and steering gear conversations into a bad direction and providing malicious info for the next generation.

audio gear is a breathing process and matures… makes mistakes… reinvents itself… covers multiple genres…

there is not 1

except the sum of all consciousness in the universe

Pizza

Irn Bru

Easy! :joy:

12 Likes

imagine we’re talking about some form of afterlife. for example, everyone of us is in Davy Jones’ Locker, with just one piece of gear.

Tr-606 forever :wink:

3 Likes

now im craving irn bru.

2 Likes

I‘m strangely thinking about the Monotron Delay a lot for this case.

2 Likes

ar mk2
or
mduw mk2
or
ot mk2.

id be happy with any one o them :]

6 Likes

Right now I’m attempting to sell off everything but the montage (again). While it’s one helluva rabbithole, saying “til the end of time” might be a bit hyperbolic…

1 Like

O-C-T-A-T-R-A-C-K M-A-R-K-2 it is DAW enough for me, the more time goes on the more I realise this, it has only been 8 years (inc mark 1) though so I’m still a noob :joy:

7 Likes

If it was only one and one I own…

Virus ti2 hands down

2 Likes

I’d be happy with any one of the grooveboxes I currently own - MPC Live, Deluge, OP-Z, Rytm MkII.

However I would probably go with my Tempest because I think it would hold up best over time and it’s got a little bit of everything.

It’s hard to pass on the Live just because overall I think I like it a bit better, but if that touchscreen dies, it’s pretty much unusable.

2 Likes

Im interested as this comment comes out a lot. (Still learning). What do people who’ve had the OT this long not know?.Can you give me an example of your latest Eureka moment.