There Can Be Only One!

Prophet 6.

3 Likes

lol

1 Like

I’ve only had my OT for 5 months, so I could provide a massive list of what I don’t know…if only I knew what that was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

a Cocoquantus and a contact mic

3 Likes

Probably the Analog 4, but failing that the Electribe EMX-1.

1 Like

Ive had mine about the same. Its a long and windy road i believe :slight_smile:

Agreed! Fun as shit though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Moog Grandmother. ( I’m allowed all my pedals I run it into, right ? ) :wink:

Does Kyma count?

If not, then Octatrack Mk II or Machinedrum UW (mk2). Heck, I could happily make music with only my old Ensoniq EPS, assuming I had a steady supply of floppy disks on hand…

5 Likes

why not upgrade it with floppy emulator ?

1 Like

It’s an instrument! You know it’s like playing guitar for 10 years and though you might be really good at it, maybe you never played jazz music… So you “don’t know” jazz music on guitar.

To me it would be either :

1. Gotharman littledeformer 3 : it is literraly a complete studio in a small pacakge. Can be used a sampler, polysynth, FX box and so forth. It is an incredible piece of hardware !!!

2. Or a semi modular synth such as a minibrute 2S, because I love patching and using synth without memory

3. A haken continuum : never tried one, but I think it would be fascinating to just sit and play with one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am likely to do just that. But for the purposes of this thread, I am willing to use it “as-is”. (OP stated it had to be something we already owned)

I’d choose my eurorack, but if I can’t choose that then Monomachine.

3 Likes

But you could apply that thinking to any gear.

I’ve actually been very interested in Bitwig myself lately, mostly for the DrivenbyMoss scripts. I have a Push 1 still and I want to see how well they integrate together.

It’s just a hypothetical, my dude.

OT mk1… This is definitely my first choice.

2 Likes

Eurorack is tough since it’s essentially many modules patched together, but it technically can be considered a build-your-own instrument…

For sake of fairness, I think it would have to be an individual module over the whole system in this hypothetical scenario.

Def my MD UW MKII. But its pretty sad imagining getting rid of the rest of my instruments.

2 Likes